• The KillerFrogs

2021 Football Regular Season Predictions

Spike

Too many schools in our conference, as well as SMU and Cal, know our signals.

7-5

What's with the negative vibes? Sir!

Cal knew Sewo was coming up the middle so they 11 defensive players, the entire band, and half of their fans in the box and they still could not stop him, so who cares if they know our signals, Sir!

Spike

1. Kf.c posters are way too distracted by some idiotic political/religious/cultural/COVID/Donati issue (or something that steel has said or maniac has done) that they barely even notice when we beat Duquesne 49-7 and instead divide into irreconcilable camps and call each other names incessantly.

2. Kf.c posters finally wake up and notice that the football season has begun and immediately pick out 2-3 players that they will henceforth harass incessantly in game threads regardless of how the players actually perform while concomitantly picking 1 coach who will be the chosen "goat" of the season and then holding Donati responsible for him even being on the staff as the Frogs beat Cal in a way-too-close-for-comfort 31-30 W.

3. Some mix-up happens with the ticket office and Kf.c posters immediately divide into irreconcilable camps about when and how Donati did or did not screw it up and how CDMFC would have handled it all with aplomb and finesse (with comprehensive transparency) and barely even notice TCU walloping the Stangs 48-21 (with some successful trick plays).

4. With Cutty Sark instead of Mensa, the Longhorns come in undefeated and ranked in the Top 5 with ESPN slavering all over them as the Second Coming, but Patterson somehow pulls off his magic act with our D and we hold them off in a close one 24-23. For a brief moment, Kf.c posters unite and celebrate but immediately start going after their chosen goat coach and the 2-3 players that, despite the W, didn't perform perfectly on an unimportant play early in the 2nd quarter.

5. Some political development occurs somewhere and Kf.c posters immediately divide into irreconcilable factions about it at the same time as some media blowhard saying something vague about conference realignment and Kf.c blows up about all of it simultaneously while TCU plows through Tech 56-14 in Lubbock.

6. For the first time all season, OU Week focuses the Kf.c fan base on football which completely discombobulates Coach P and the team such that they play poorly and make key mistakes at inopportune times and the Frogs lose a heartbreaker 28-27. Kf.c posters respond by calling for Coach P's head on a platter and immediately go after Donati for having kept him way past his sell/by date.

7. West Virginia fans prematurely burn way too many couches when the Frogs continue their wayward ways in the first half, but TCU storms its way back in the 2nd half by handing the ball to Evans multitudinous times and win 38-27. The fire Coach P crowd, is, however, not mollified and kf.c posters dox Donati's personal info and show up at his house with mass protests.

8. KState starts some unknown 8th year senior at QB who has never played a down and he somehow plays great and keeps them in the game all the way to the end until TCU wins on a late FG 19-17. Kf.c posters remain unimpressed and start dolefully projecting what ho-hum bowl we might end up in.

9. Tadeas Paroulek and Jenson Brooksby start baiting the Frogs assiduously during Baylor Week but it makes no impact as most Kf.c posters don't even know who they are because they don't read the tennis thread. Instead, most Kf.c posters are utterly outraged about something Donati said in a tweet about some tangential issue and immediately divide into irreconcilable camps about it. Things being back to "normal," Coach P and the team pound Baylor 48-10.

10. The usual L to Oklahoma State up there doesn't happen for some reason as Coach P's D shuts down their passing game. But that doesn't stop Kf.c posters from calling each other "poopy pants" because of something that one of them might possibly have implied in a thread over on the Pit.

11. TCU beats KU.

12. Amazingly, the Frogs are 10-1 and have a chance to make the Big 12 CCG against OU if and only if we beat ISU. After (mostly) arguing with each other all year long, Kf.c posters are awakened to the possibility (especially wokefrog) and immediately start competing with one another as to who said "never sleep on Iowa State" the first time in the season. The Frogs luck out and win (despite some boneheaded plays by the 2-3 targeted players and questionable calls by the goat coach.

11-1 and a berth in the CCG against OU.

Couldn't you have just said 11-1, ADJD is doing a piss poor job of getting a consensus on KFC, it's all @steelfrog 's fault, and fire________

Purp

I'm waffling now between 10-2 and 11-1. The Kool-aid tastes good this time of year. I definitely need to come out of the 9/3 group and into the indecisive group until I chew a little more on my expectations.

ETA: Put me down for 1 non-win. I think the confluence of Texas and OU leaving bringing that chip, SMU talking boat for 2 years making that chip bigger, the most talented roster we've ever assembled, a team culture that seems to be peaking, an OL that has experience and talent with 2-3 back-ups who can be trusted, a slightly weaker conference than usual, and the fact that GP is WAAAAAAY overdue against Lincoln, makes me lean 11-1. I think the harder schedule with more travel this year and no byes in conference schedule cause us to lose one somewhere that we shouldn't. If we take an injury now between the end of camp and the start of the season I may adjust fire down to 2 non-wins.

Last edited:

Volare

Latest and greatest. Let me know if I messed something up. Also looking for media predictions to add to the list.

iVvgkB8.png

Bizarro Frog

We have a ton of weapons on offense for the first time since 2014 and the D will be salty. If Max stays healthy then we go 11-1 then off to the Big 12 Title game against OU.