• The KillerFrogs

2021-2022 Transfer Portal Thread

Froggish

Are you supporting the Tick's nonsense.?.
TCU finished 3rd in total offense... ahead of Baylor/Texas/Texas Tech/and OSU... 2 of which played in the Big12 CCG.
Frog's defense finished 9th, slightly above Kansas.... while OSU and Baylor's defense finished 1st and 3rd respectively.
Not to take sides but TCU finished 7th in scoring offense and dead last in RZ TD% in the B12. The offense wasn’t very good when it mattered. Obviously I think the defense cost us 2 games but I suppose like most things it’s about what stats people think are important.

Last edited:

LisaLT

Not to take sides but TCU finished 7th in scoring offense and dead last in RZ TD% in the B12. The offense wasn’t very good when it mattered. Obviously I think the defense cost us 2 games but I suppose like most things it’s about what stats people think are important.
This is true. And keep in mind that our biggest win of the year was against Baylor, in which Max did not play, and was truly an amazing QB experience with Morris behind center.

I like Max. I think he always gives 100% and is a true competitor, and a great team mate. I think I had said once before that he is a serviceable QB - not an elite QB. Those are hard to find, and I think TCU will likely have an interesting QB competition this next season with the group we have and any new ones coming in. Being that Sonny runs a different style of offense than GP et al, that may or may not play to Max's strengths. Time will tell what happens. May the best QB get the job.

Prime BEEF

This is true. And keep in mind that our biggest win of the year was against Baylor, in which Max did not play, and was truly an amazing QB experience with Morris behind center.

I like Max. I think he always gives 100% and is a true competitor, and a great team mate. I think I had said once before that he is a serviceable QB - not an elite QB. Those are hard to find, and I think TCU will likely have an interesting QB competition this next season with the group we have and any new ones coming in. Being that Sonny runs a different style of offense than GP et al, that may or may not play to Max's strengths. Time will tell what happens. May the best QB get the job.
Competition and a new unbiased coach will be good. Whoever wins the starting job will have earned it. Even if it is Max

Palliative Care

This is a tough crowd. Max walked on water as a freshman, was up to his waist in criticism last year and is being shoved below the waves this year. During the last two seasons he got Covid, had a heart procedure (which if the condition went undetected would possibly killed him) and played this season at the end with a broken foot. Damn what a ride! And he wants to come back for more.

asleep003

There's no sides... 3rd in Total Offense is nothing to ignore, plus the Frogs were also 2nd AVG/Play behind only Oklahoma this year.
Our scoring rank... you have to account for our Top 3 skilled players(2RBs/1WR) missing 11 games, plus Miller hurt 1st carry in another.

There are several more scores if you cut those injury days in half... but the fact that we could move the ball so well is important for 2022.
We have most every one back and need another quality RB or 2 for our stable... plus a couple solid OLs for depth in the trenches.

Last edited:

EdKamen

It may be helpful for the casual Forum visitor -- like me -- to know who is in the portal from TCU? Who's definitely gone, who's definitely staying? I've been looking around but I wanted to know the status of Morris, Johnson and Miller, in particular. Go Frogs!

froginaustin

It may be helpful for the casual Forum visitor -- like me -- to know who is in the portal from TCU? Who's definitely gone, who's definitely staying? I've been looking around but I wanted to know the status of Morris, Johnson and Miller, in particular. Go Frogs!

Good set of questions . . ..

Moose Stuff

None of the players you mentioned is in the portal as I type this. I suppose that could change.

One Frog Nation

Rabidfrog

This is a tough crowd. Max walked on water as a freshman, was up to his waist in criticism last year and is being shoved below the waves this year. During the last two seasons he got Covid, had a heart procedure (which if the condition went undetected would possibly killed him) and played this season at the end with a broken foot. Damn what a ride! And he wants to come back for more.

I give Max a B as a college qb. He is not great, but pretty good. WE could do worse, and hopefully do better. But as a kid I admire his guts and loyalty to TCU.

Palliative Care

Lisa T- yes Baylor was our best game and Morris was outstanding. But one game does not a carreer make. Nor does it mean that one is better than the other. As for me I personally like Morris a lot but I would never count Max out. Either way they both will compete with the new mystery QB that Dykes will pull out of the portal. May the best man win and then so should TCU.

Toad Jones

Anxious to see what they come up with. We weren't that far behind on offenses and the team, as a whole. In other words, Sonny has a lot to work with before spring. I think we as a fandom will be surprised on how good we will be!

NewFrogFan

Are you supporting the Tick's nonsense.?.
TCU finished 3rd in total offense... ahead of Baylor/Texas/Texas Tech/and OSU... 2 of which played in the Big12 CCG.
Frog's defense finished 9th, slightly above Kansas.... while OSU and Baylor's defense finished 1st and 3rd respectively.
The QB turned the ball over too many times, the end. (Ask Spencer Rattler) All of his effort and desire mean nothing if he turns the ball over, he needs to switch positions or absent significant improvement he wont play much this year. The stat that ALWAYS matters most (ask all the coaches that used to be here) is W vs L. The end again.

Last edited:

tetonfrog

I understand all the debate, but I bet TCU will have play both Morris & Max & our new transfer QB. Our OL could be a disaster & whoever the TCU QB will take a lot of hits.

When was the last time our starting QB played all season? Boykin in ‘14? AD in the Rose Bowl year?