• The KillerFrogs

2021-2022 TCU Baseball Thread

TCUdirtbag

Yeah, first place in (a weaker than usual) Big XII ain't too shabby.

Don't make room in the trophy case just yet. OU @ Tech next weekend will determine the final standings.
- Tech Sweep = Tech takes the outright Big 12 title and the #1 tournament seed
- OU Sweep = OU and TCU each clinch a share of the title and seeding and possible further split depend on OSU's weekend.
- 2-1 split in either direction: TCU clinches a share and the #1 tournament seed

For TCU to take the outright title, OU has to win 2 and OSU has to drop one to Baylor.

Don't make room in the trophy case just yet. OU @ Tech next weekend will determine the final standings.
- Tech Sweep = Tech takes the outright Big 12 title and the #1 tournament seed
- OU Sweep = OU and TCU each clinch a share of the title and seeding and possible further split depend on OSU's weekend.
- 2-1 split in either direction: TCU clinches a share and the #1 tournament seed

For TCU to take the outright title, OU has to win 2 and OSU has to drop one to Baylor.
I'm aware, but as of right now, we are in first, and I'm happy about that.

Endless Purple

What would it take to get the Big 12 tournament changed to an 8 team single elimination?
It is a minimum of 4 games over a weekend with the double elimination brackets plus championship game.
It is not essential to getting a top team into NCAA tournament.
It can put a lot of work on the pitchers arms right before regionals when they need to be rested.
Does it bring in large amounts of revenue?

Punter1

It seems like every year at this time we have a game that, even if we win, we lose in RPI.

Really the only remedy for this is to play DBU late in the season on Tuesdays. Not sure it's ever been done before but why not play them 4x on Tuesdays instead of 2?? Eliminate some Tartleton State and ACU games with a good team that helps our RPI.

And of coarse there is Aggie 2.5 hours away that we could play twice on Tuesdays late in the year that would be a PERFECT tuneup for regionals.

Pharm Frog

Really the only remedy for this is to play DBU late in the season on Tuesdays. Not sure it's ever been done before but why not play them 4x on Tuesdays instead of 2?? Eliminate some Tartleton State and ACU games with a good team that helps our RPI.

And of coarse there is Aggie 2.5 hours away that we could play twice on Tuesdays late in the year that would be a PERFECT tuneup for regionals.
Tech plays OU out-of-conference in Amarillo each year. OU and OSU play OOC twice each year. Options exist for Frogs to play DBU, Ag, Texas State, UTSA, Sam, UH, Rice, ORU, Louisiana, La Tech, Arkansas, and of course UTA. Unfortunately UTA is having a really bad year and Rice is not what it used to be. Still got UTRGV and AgCC as options and put Lamar in there as well. And then there’s SMU and University of North Texas. I do think ACU will get better as they are mid-100s this year (thanks in large part to Frogs and Tech). Hard to predict how good how some of these teams will be year to year but there are options before you get to going in-conference for OOC.

Tech plays OU out-of-conference in Amarillo each year. OU and OSU play OOC twice each year. Options exist for Frogs to play DBU, Ag, Texas State, UTSA, Sam, UH, Rice, ORU, Louisiana, La Tech, Arkansas, and of course UTA. Unfortunately UTA is having a really bad year and Rice is not what it used to be. Still got UTRGV and AgCC as options and put Lamar in there as well. And then there’s SMU and University of North Texas. I do think ACU will get better as they are mid-100s this year (thanks in large part to Frogs and Tech). Hard to predict how good how some of these teams will be year to year but there are options before you get to going in-conference for OOC.
Yeah, SMU hasn’t had a losing baseball season in decades.

Punter1

Geographically challenged teams like Tech and the Okla schools I understand having to do unique things to make Tueadays happen...but we have better options than that.

But I wouldn't be against a couple Tuesday OOC games against Baylor each year...and of coarse the Aggie series should happen as well. Its umb it doesn't. We used to play UTA three Tuesdays a year...we need to do the same with DBU. It's like the schools get to the end of the season every year and cancel games without changing their schedules the following year.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
There may be contracted games scheduled out years in advance, with a cancellation notice if needed in there. I think the mid-week game is primarily imagined as a 2-hour or less bus ride for travel. During the scholastic weeks, this is a good idea. Now that Finals are over and that 8am MWF is no longer a consideration, you have a lot more flexibility.

I especially like the Baylor series as a non-Conference matchup. Kick 'em out!

Pharm Frog

There may be contracted games scheduled out years in advance, with a cancellation notice if needed in there. I think the mid-week game is primarily imagined as a 2-hour or less bus ride for travel. During the scholastic weeks, this is a good idea. Now that Finals are over and that 8am MWF is no longer a consideration, you have a lot more flexibility.

I especially like the Baylor series as a non-Conference matchup. Kick 'em out!
I’d be very surprised if there are less than 80% of online classes in the spring for these players.