• The KillerFrogs

2021-2022 TCU Baseball Thread

FrogUltimate

Glad to see I wasn’t the only person who couldn’t get audio last night. I had virtually zero issues last year and have had some kind of issue every game this year. And last night simply wouldn’t load through GoFrogs link or the App

Moose Stuff

there a baseball player out there with a son who might be a big enough brand name to attract attention in a lesser fashion than say bronnie james?
There might be if people cared about college baseball players as much as football/basketball players. Andruw Jones has a son going to Vandy who might be the first pick in the draft. Matt Holiday has a son at Stillwater HS who is a likely first round pick and is signed with OSU…. Perfect circumstances for Vandy/OSU to pay them in your above scenario. Absolutely ZERO chance someone is giving them “millions” to not sign a pro contract this summer.

Eight

There might be if people cared about college baseball players as much as football/basketball players. Andruw Jones has a son going to Vandy who might be the first pick in the draft. Matt Holiday has a son at Stillwater HS who is a likely first round pick and is signed with OSU…. Perfect circumstances for Vandy/OSU to pay them in your above scenario. Absolutely ZERO chance someone is giving them “millions” to not sign a pro contract this summer.

what about before college baseball? the reason why i referenced bronnie is the recent deal he signed while still in high school which would be enough money for him to sit out his one year between high school and draft eligibility

i understand you are viewing it is a talent thing, i was curious if there was a potential name recognition thing where the kid got enough money from a sponsorship before college he opted for college over riding a bus in the minors

Moose Stuff

what about before college baseball? the reason why i referenced bronnie is the recent deal he signed while still in high school which would be enough money for him to sit out his one year between high school and draft eligibility

i understand you are viewing it is a talent thing, i was curious if there was a potential name recognition thing where the kid got enough money from a sponsorship before college he opted for college over riding a bus in the minors
I’m not viewing it as a talent thing. I’m viewing it as a “people don’t care as much about college baseball as they do about basketball and football thing”.

FrogBall09

I’m not viewing it as a talent thing. I’m viewing it as a “people don’t care as much about college baseball as they do about basketball and football thing”.
Yep - it’s a crowd sourcing concept - it is easier to raise millions from a pool of 80k people than from one of 5k

While it only takes one wealthy donor to pay for a player - to establish a consistent funding mechanism to change the dynamics of the top tier going pro instead of college - it will require a larger group than supports college baseball overall much less for a single program

Tony Lema

Ticket Exchange Pass
Glad to see I wasn’t the only person who couldn’t get audio last night. I had virtually zero issues last year and have had some kind of issue every game this year. And last night simply wouldn’t load through GoFrogs link or the App
There is a free app called Radio Garden. Once you open it, you can type in any radio station in the world, if you know their call letters. It has never failed me. Saved KTCU as a favorite. Or you can move the circle and maneuver it over any city in the world, and it will show you the stations in that city you can listen to.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
There is a free app called Radio Garden. Once you open it, you can type in any radio station in the world, if you know their call letters. It has never failed me. Saved KTCU as a favorite. Or you can move the circle and maneuver it over any city in the world, and it will show you the stations in that city you can listen to.
That is a very, very cool site! The globe with the various stations dotting the landmasses is just a cool way to get pulled into the rabbit hole...

I never thought about it for getting baseball! I was too busy listening to old Who tunes from Ulan Baator...

FrogUltimate

Thanks I’m going to get it

Bob Sugar

So what's the scouting report on the Kentucky series. It looks like they have played a bunch of directional U schools and, in typical SEC fashion, are in the middle of a 15-game home stand before hitting the road again.

FrogBall09

So what's the scouting report on the Kentucky series. It looks like they have played a bunch of directional U schools and, in typical SEC fashion, are in the middle of a 15-game home stand before hitting the road again.

They are an SEC team so therefore they have talent but are undefeated and not ranked- so guessing they are not expected to be that good even in a conference with half the teams ranked at this point

Pharm Frog

They are the best collegiate baseball team in history and it means more to them than anyone else.

That said, I’d be very happy with a series win. Got some highly touted players (Ritter and Thrasher) though some others have had a hot start. Tough to tell given the opponents but batting 80 points better than opponents and slugging 100 points better. ERA around 4 and they may have played in some favorable conditions for the HR. They’ve been winning games late quite a bit. Just split two midweek games but look like they distributed a lot of the pitching burden. Just 127 pitches on Tuesday and 139 yesterday. Frogs threw 168 on Tuesday using 7 pitchers.

TCUdirtbag

Looking forward to the Bluegrass road trip. Really big RPI opportunity without a lot of downside since it’s weekend 3. Will be good to face an average to good SEC squad and see what this team can do on the road early in the season.

That is a very, very cool site! The globe with the various stations dotting the landmasses is just a cool way to get pulled into the rabbit hole...

I never thought about it for getting baseball! I was too busy listening to old Who tunes from Ulan Baator...
Yeah, you can listen to the radio station in Nuuk, Greenland, or Faulklands Radio, and Radio Aku-Aku on Easter Island.

Its pretty cool.

Pharm Frog

Odd stat....

Through 9 games the Frogs have three hitters with 31 ABs and 13 hits for .419 averages to lead the team. Taylor is one of them. Who are the other two?