• The KillerFrogs

2021-2022 TCU Baseball Thread

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
TCU season ticket holders will receive an equal number of tickets to the Nebraska series. All season tickets will be shipped in mid Feb. Same with Nebraska series tix. But they will not be shipped together.

Parking is not included and must be purchased from the Texas Rangers.

Streaming option for the Nebraska series is still being discussed. The majority of home games at TCU will be available on ESPN+. There are a couple of games early in the season that will not be on TV due to other scheduled basketball games.

Thanks for your support!

Go Frogs!
Ato, can tickets from the 10 game mini plan be used for the Nebraska series?

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
This looks about right to me but rarely do things play out as expected.

EDIT: On second thought I might be inclined to change the order up top a bit. I’m thinking we may see Tech and Okie Lite followed by UT. But who knows???
So you think that we're going to struggle some this year?

atofrog

Contributor
Ato, can tickets from the 10 game mini plan be used for the Nebraska series?
Good question. The Frog Flex Pack ticket vouchers may only be redeemed for regular season home games at Lupton Stadium.

Thanks for considering this new ticket option. Great opportunity to attend several games or bring a group to one game.

Go Frogs!

Pharm Frog

We led the Big 12 in runs scored last year and return almost all our key bats and most of our lineup.

Aren’t we having to replace 3 out of top 4 RBI producers in conference play and 3 of our top 4 best BA hitters? I hope BT has a very good year again but I’m not expecting it. That said, I think he has a better-than-most chance at avoiding a sophomore slump. May have lost three of top four hit leaders and about the same for slugging. The wild card is Porter Brown. Can he produce like he was doing or close to it after he came back. Have no idea what we can expect from Boyers or Nunez or this new catcher. I’m just not expecting to be a very good offensive team. In fairness, I didn’t think we would be very good last year either and with some notable exceptions, I was wrong.

Moose Stuff

Aren’t we having to replace 3 out of top 4 RBI producers in conference play and 3 of our top 4 best BA hitters? I hope BT has a very good year again but I’m not expecting it. That said, I think he has a better-than-most chance at avoiding a sophomore slump. May have lost three of top four hit leaders and about the same for slugging. The wild card is Porter Brown. Can he produce like he was doing or close to it after he came back. Have no idea what we can expect from Boyers or Nunez or this new catcher. I’m just not expecting to be a very good offensive team. In fairness, I didn’t think we would be very good last year either and with some notable exceptions, I was wrong.
Probably not even worth my time to engage in this if you don’t think one of the best hitters in the country and a probable 2023 first round pick is gonna have a very good year (based on nothing other than pessimism).

TCUdirtbag

Not sure why there’s pessimism seemingly based on the Big 12 preseason coaches’ poll? Everyone giving the team that went to Omaha last year (UT) and that is returning and adding a ton of talent the benefit of the doubt as slight favorite. Then basically a coin toss mashup of the 3 other contender regulars in Tech (preseason player of the year), OSU, and TCU (defending champ that just lost its most successful coach in program history).

UT, Tech, OSU, and TCU all in the mix? Seems super reasonable. We’ll see who gets hot in mid-April and May for a big May-June run.

We’ll see how new talent handles D1/Big 12. We’ll see if there are injuries. We’ll see how our club handles a tough schedule (no home weekend series until week 4, and 4 of the first 5 weekends on the road) and very tough April/May road series in Austin, Stillwater, and Tallahassee.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

Probably not even worth my time to engage in this if you don’t think one of the best hitters in the country and a probable 2023 first round pick is gonna have a very good year (based on nothing other than pessimism).
It is certainly not without historical precedent that an outstanding freshman year at the plate is followed up with a less outstanding year at the plate. But I did say that it’s my belief that BT is better equipped than most to adjust to the developing book on him. I do expect that he’ll see far and away fewer hitter’s pitches this year. Believe that we saw that starting in the last third of 2021.

Pharm Frog

Not sure why there’s pessimism seemingly based on the Big 12 preseason coaches’ poll? Everyone giving the team that went to Omaha last year the benefit of the doubt as slight favorite. Then basically a mashup of the 3 other regulars in Tech (preseason player of the year), OSU, and TCU (defending champ that just lost its most successful coach in program history).

UT, Tech, OSU, and TCU all in the mix? Seems super reasonable. We’ll see who gets hot in mid-April and May for a big May-June run.

This is where I’m at. I think the Top 4 and maybe 5 in the Big12 have the potential to be real salty. Not sure why but I always have more doubt than I probably should about UT entering each season and I’m not sure what it is about Okla State that I just never can seem to get fully on board with. They can look like world beaters with super strong and lengthy arms one minute and look totally lost the next.

hiphopfroggy

The offense against righties was the strength of this team last year and will be the strength of this team again. There should be no question regarding Brayden Taylor and Porter Brown. Their production will be even better this year.

What needs improvement the most is starting pitching and hitting against lefties.

Saarloos will manage the Bullpen much better than Schloss did in the last regular season game against K-State and in the regionals.

hometown frog

The offense against righties was the strength of this team last year and will be the strength of this team again. There should be no question regarding Brayden Taylor and Porter Brown. Their production will be even better this year.

What needs improvement the most is starting pitching and hitting against lefties.

Saarloos will manage the Bullpen much better than Schloss did in the last regular season game against K-State and in the regionals.
Think your last comment is one I’m really interested to see this season. We’ve seen some strange rotations and bullpen use over the years that have filled many pages here. Curious how that improves w KS making the calls from here on. I can make an argument that’s a couple of additional wins a year based upon recent history.