• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

dawg

Champions League (re)draw

4786.jpg

PSG-Madrid, ManUtd-Atleti, and Liverpool-Inter look the most interesting ties.

Purp

Champions League (re)draw

4786.jpg

PSG-Madrid, ManUtd-Atleti, and Liverpool-Inter look the most interesting ties.
How embarrassing was that initial draw fiasco? What a clown show. Real was pissed about how that whole thing went down. How can something like that even happen?

Portland Frog

Apologies to any Chelsea supporters on the board for the application of the "dawg Jinx." I assure you it was unintentional. Should I jinx City now for good measure, because scheiss City.

Wow, City look increasingly like they'll canter to the title. They are playing really good football right now.
Please jinx City asap. Chelsea fan here.

Purp

Here we go again….. SMH.
Saw this earlier. How many people are dying of corona anymore? The therapeutics are working very well - better than the vaccines. Hell, the vaccine is really a prophylactic therapeutic since it doesn't really prevent infection, but almost all of Europe has one and it's successfully reducing the effects from symptoms. I can't believe this is still a thing.

Moose Stuff

Saw this earlier. How many people are dying of corona anymore? The therapeutics are working very well - better than the vaccines. Hell, the vaccine is really a prophylactic therapeutic since it doesn't really prevent infection, but almost all of Europe has one and it's successfully reducing the effects from symptoms. I can't believe this is still a thing.
Hell, if anything this new variant may actually be a good thing.

Purp

I'm good with this lineup tonight. Interested to see some guys perform. Only issue is Acosta out wide again. Not sure why GB thinks that's a good idea.

Purp

Typical uninspiring friendly last night. Jordan Morris looked solid. Very surprised by how good he looked. Disappointed we didn't get to see Caden Clark, but I'm not sure it would have mattered much. Bryan Reynolds showed why Roma thought so highly of him. He was solid defensively and his pace down the wing was a threat multiple times as a late sub. The U.S. dominated possession and had the best chances, but still struggled to score. Pepi missed a chippy in tight that he should have slid for.

The embarrassing part of the 1-nil win is that we played the final 50 minutes with a man advantage and still only managed the lone goal in the waning moments of the match. Ready for more qualies with the European based guys.

Moose Stuff

Typical uninspiring friendly last night. Jordan Morris looked solid. Very surprised by how good he looked. Disappointed we didn't get to see Caden Clark, but I'm not sure it would have mattered much. Bryan Reynolds showed why Roma thought so highly of him. He was solid defensively and his pace down the wing was a threat multiple times as a late sub. The U.S. dominated possession and had the best chances, but still struggled to score. Pepi missed a chippy in tight that he should have slid for.

The embarrassing part of the 1-nil win is that we played the final 50 minutes with a man advantage and still only managed the lone goal in the waning moments of the match. Ready for more qualies with the European based guys.
I watched about 20 minutes of the game and honestly lost interest.

geefrogs

Jesus Christ.