• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Moose Stuff

Canada up 2-1 on Panama. A Canada win would start putting some separation between the top 3 and everyone else (Panama win would do the same I guess). And while I’m typing this it’s 3-1 Canada.

Moose Stuff

Canada will be at 10 points just behind the US. Panama stay at 8 and CR at 6. Mexico will either be at 11, 12, or 14 pending their game in El Salvador later tonight.

Purp

We really need Pulisic and Reyna back and healthy for the next window.
If we don't start our truest best 11 against Mexico I'll never forgive Berhalter. I'm okay with any of our top 3 keepers, but I think I still prefer Steffen bc he's better playing out of the back. A Rob, Brooks (still), M Rob, Dest across the back. Adams, McKennie, and Musah in midfield. Pulisic, Pepi, and Gio across the front.

The only guy I'd consider adding to that group is Aaronson. Maybe he slots in for Musah, but that's it. If that's not the lineup against Mexico we're not trying to win.

Moose Stuff

If we don't start our truest best 11 against Mexico I'll never forgive Berhalter. I'm okay with any of our top 3 keepers, but I think I still prefer Steffen bc he's better playing out of the back. A Rob, Brooks (still), M Rob, Dest across the back. Adams, McKennie, and Musah in midfield. Pulisic, Pepi, and Gio across the front.

The only guy I'd consider adding to that group is Aaronson. Maybe he slots in for Musah, but that's it. If that's not the lineup against Mexico we're not trying to win.
I don’t have any problem with Brooks not playing if his form isn’t any better than it has been.

Purp

You're right @Moose Stuff that our set pieces are seldom dangerous anymore. That used to be the one advantage we might bring into most matches. Now it's one of our few weaknesses. We lost to Panama bc of poor defense on set pieces. That certainly needs to improve, but I suspect that's also a byproduct of youth, inexperience, and smaller speedy skill guys who play their games in the air.

Purp

That Dest goal is phenomenal. You can't defend that.

I wonder what his story is that led him to play defense. Guys with his pace, skill and flair on the ball, and finishing abilities almost always find their way into the forward or midfield lines.

Purp

Twellman is an idiot. His comment about no depth behind Adams using Panama as evidence is stoopid. You can't judge Acosta based on how he performed with that supporting cast. You make one change to that lineup and put Adams on for Acosta and I doubt we look appreciably better. He's proven he's got the qualities needed when he has a proper compliment of talent around him.