• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Moose Stuff

Pepi finds the back of the net but the goal is disallowed after a foul just prior (not sure I actually understand what happened). He’s been active so far and had a couple good looks.

Purp

Looks like Gio won't be available in the next window. Dortmund are saying they are hoping to have Gio back after the break, which would indicate he won't be fully fit before or during the break. I suppose it's possible they could release him to train with the Nats, but I think that's extremely unlikely.

Moose Stuff

Looks like Gio won't be available in the next window. Dortmund are saying they are hoping to have Gio back after the break, which would indicate he won't be fully fit before or during the break. I suppose it's possible they could release him to train with the Nats, but I think that's extremely unlikely.
Worst minor muscle strain in history.

Purp

Worst minor muscle strain in history.
Yeah. Feels like some Gary Patterson subterfuge going on around this injury. It didn't look too bad when it happened, but this might be the longest hamstring recovery I've ever seen. I know they said he had a couple setbacks along the way, but it still doesn't add up.

dawg

The other nugget in there is the part about Canadia being worse than the worst American cities and not allowing fans to attend the game. A silent stadium for the road match-up would be appreciated.
So Canada would have to play crucial WC qualifier vs the MNT behind closed doors?

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Purp

So Canada would have to play crucial WC qualifier vs the MNT behind closed doors?

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles
Just read an ESPN article forecasting the weather for the upcoming qualies. The first game in Columbus has temps in the mid-20s for the game. The game in Canadia will be right around 20 degrees for the game. The 3rd one in Minnesota will be in the mid-teens. El Salvador and Honduras should forfeit. We need 9 points from this window.