• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

dawg

Man U getting hammered by Liverpool. Heads may roll after this one.

TELEMMGLPICT000275587756_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq1r-pUfmHi0BKzMMS_WnjEHCz_zpQbUjMP5Uzhz4qGIg.jpeg

giphy.gif

Purp

McKennie got the lone goal in a Juve loss today to Sassuolo. Man, that club is in a bad way right now. 7th in the table and only a +1 goal difference on the season. They're only 3 points from 3rd, but they're only 3 points clear of 12th too. There's a wide gulf between the top 2 and the rest of the table. Juve very legitimately could fail to qualify for Europe next year. Really hope Weston can xfer out of there to England. I really like his game for the Premiership.

Purp

Bayern just got stunned by Gladbach in the VFB Pokal with a 5-nil score. Scally started as a right midfielder instead of his customer outside back position. His versatility is very impressive. Really hope to see him in the November window.

Purp

Just saw the penalties in City's loss yesterday. Steffen didn't get any favors from his boys taking the kicks. He nearly saved the 2nd and 5th kicks, but City's first shooter missed frame badly. He only had to make 2 saves in the previous 120 minutes. Hard to judge him from that performance. Wish he'd get more minutes.

Purp

Maybe he can get back for the November window. I'm a little worried about Pepi. He's been limited with FCD. I heard after the last window he was nursing an injury and he's not been starting for FCD. He has been coming on as a sub, though. Maybe FCD knows he's not going to be back next year so they're trying to figure out who will create their offense in the future.

Purp

Aside from the travel this should nullify their home field advantage. Jamaica is also fast so they don't want to grow long grass and make the pitch muddy to create an advantage. I'm not even sure travel is that much of an advantage either b/c Jamaica plays in El Salvador when we play Mexico so both teams will be traveling into Jamaica.

Purp

Norwich and Leeds has been ugly. Had a 5 minute burst with 3 goals and 2 were due to egregious goal tending and the other obscene defending by Norwich.

Sargent has been decent. Not his best performance I've ever seen, but it's a real struggle with his side. They play so compact a deep the gap between the forward line and midfield is often enormous. The alternative is Sargent drops deep to win the ball and they're out manned 2 against 4 going the other way.

I keep going back to it, but his strength on the ball and hold up play is really good. Unfortunately for him almost nobody wants to use players like that anymore. I think he's a great player playing in the wrong era. His game is better suited for 20 years ago.