• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Purp

Panama is still on England's red list, which means EPL and Championship players in the camp for the October window won't be able to travel there for the qualie. That's a big problem bc it takes out our entire left side (Robinson and Pulisic) along with one of our top striker options and 2 of the top 3 GK options. This is all so very stupid. Pulisic and Steffen have both had corona within the last month. Why should they quarantine for 10 days after traveling to Panama? They are the least threatening of all travelers.

Moose Stuff

Panama is still on England's red list, which means EPL and Championship players in the camp for the October window won't be able to travel there for the qualie. That's a big problem bc it takes out our entire left side (Robinson and Pulisic) along with one of our top striker options and 2 of the top 3 GK options. This is all so very stupid. Pulisic and Steffen have both had corona within the last month. Why should they quarantine for 10 days after traveling to Panama? They are the least threatening of all travelers.

We’ll be fine as long as we have Pepi. I assume he can beat Panama by himself.

Eight

I enjoy a good stat, so…. Brentford is 10 minutes or so from their first premier league road win since 1947.

heard that stat and looked up the club, holy crap...when you see their journey since 1947 when they were in the first division long before the existence of the premier league they went all the way down to the fourth division and have worked their way back up to get that win today

Purp

I used to play soccer with Bryan Reynolds' uncle. He's on our over 40 team now, but I saw him last night before my game for the first time since before corona and we talked for a bit. He said Bryan is loving it at Roma. Loves Mourinho (gag) and Abraham is his running buddy.

He also said Bryan's younger brother Ty is even better. Also in the FCD academy. He's 17 and committed to Georgetown, but he won't make it to college. Sounds like he could be another in a long line of top end right backs in the player pool a couple years from now. And another in a long line of top European transfers from the FCD academy. Pepi and Che should still go before Ty.

Purp

Luchi got fired by FCD. Kinda felt like it should have happened before now. I like him, but this group is severely underperforming its talent. It may be too late to make the playoffs this year and that's a surprising place to be for a group with this much talent in the front and the back lines.

Purp

Ives had this about youngsters making it into the October camp. If you're looking out a year from now and don't have Hoppe on the plane you're an idiot. Also, Lletget can't be on the plane if everyone in the midfield is healthy.

Moose Stuff

This is exactly what we cannot afford for the next window. I honestly think Adams may be more important than Pulisic. Hope to see him play Tuesday making this a meaningless worry.

Could not agree more. Though I will say that Acosta, while not as good as Adams, played well enough this summer to not make me panic over Adams potentially being out.