• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Purp

Hungary holds the French and totally against the run of play Portugal is up 1-0 in Germany. Germans are in a world of trouble. And On a side note Germany (the country) sure looks pathetically weak with their 20% capacity restriction when you compare it to crazed 70,000 people packed into the stadium in Budapest this morning.
France were lucky to draw. Granted, they should have won 4-0 based on the run of play, but they never really had an amazing scoring chance aside from the goal they scored. And that was really an unlucky bounce for Hungary.

Deutschland now up 3-1.

Eight

the reaction of the hungarian fans outside the stadium, the crowd in the stadium, and reaction of the players afterward is a great reminder of the joy sport can bring to us all

no fear, no social distancing, no load management, no personal branding, or political statements

players simply playing their collective arses against an opponent i am sure the espn win probability calculator said they might as well not play

Purp

Had the goal scorer not popped that in Ronaldo would've had his 2nd. He's basically done nothing in this game, but he has a goal and an assist.

Purp

It looks like Konrad de la Fuente is heading to Marseille for around $3.5 million or so.
Saw that headline yesterday. I think this could be a very good move for him. It sounds like he's in that weird spot at Barca where he's progressed beyond 2nd team competition, but isn't ready for regular 1st team minutes b/c he's not one of the top 10 strikers in the world. If he didn't go somewhere he'd never have developed. Hope he flourishes in Marseille.

Purp

Donovan’s WC goal may the biggest but this is arguably the best taken goal in a big game in USMNT history.

I loved Feilhaber. I really thought he'd plateau higher than he did in his career. He had tons of potential. I watched that goal with two roommates when it happened and we went bananas. I had a big 50ish inch projection TV back then and one of them lost his balance celebrating in front of the TV and rolled into it. It fell on him and did a little damage to the screen. We were able to watch the rest of the game, but the TV didn't last much longer after that. It was too blurry to be considered HD anymore.

Purp

did bennie's career not turn out like they way it headed or is that just me misremembering
I really thought he could be a star for the Nats. He was really well composed with the ball at his feet, had excellent skill and technical ability to go 1v1 or create space for himself to find a passing lane, really crossed the ball well, and generally seemed like a very cerebral player. I blame Boob Bradley for wasting his talent and potential. That said, he never really amounted to what he should have in MLS so that's a tough position to defend. I've always been mystified by how his career turned out.

Chongo94

Putting this here cause we seem to do our Nats discussion here. USSF bringing some heat to the new USWNT “documentary” that is airing on hbo.

Read a review on this from the NY Time or Washington Post, can’t remember which, and even that review took the documentary to task for being biased and not showing the other side.

Eight

Putting this here cause we seem to do our Nats discussion here. USSF bringing some heat to the new USWNT “documentary” that is airing on hbo.

Read a review on this from the NY Time or Washington Post, can’t remember which, and even that review took the documentary to task for being biased and not showing the other side.

so michael moore made this documentary?