• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Purp

Do not care for these.

Nike does some of the best uniform stuff out there, but every once in a while they throw out competition for the worst stuff Adidas is capable of. This is one of those. Rubbish. And for the love of everything beautiful in the game, can we please replace this crest and return to the previous one? I've never liked it and it hasn't grown on me even a little bit.

Purp

Judging by the reaction from the majority of tweets, which is never a good indication I guess, most people don’t like them either.
Fan reaction has led to rapid shifts to new USMNT kits before. I really loved the simple red ones with the sash across the front. I prefer red as our primary color jersey and I don't like a busy uniform. Simple is beautiful. I could live with hoops or stripes, but it would feel like we're trying to imitate greatness by what we wear rather than actually be great. We did have some pretty sweet looking hoops a decade or so ago, though. Give me a solid jersey, maybe with the sash from the 50s but I could live without it too, and simple accents that make it obvious our colors are red, white, and blue. Then leave it the darn alone.

Honestly, since Nike has a proclivity to try to add meaning and historical nuance to most of their uniform designs (not just for soccer), I'd be cool with a throwback to 2002 Korea/Japan even though I thought those were some of our worst. The historic significance is that the 2002 group was the debut of our greatest generation... Until now. If you're going to some stupid boat like this it better have some sentimental meaning. When we host in 2026 I'd even be cool with a retro look calling back to the 94 denim kits that may be the absolute worst uniforms I've ever seen in any sport (also Adidas IIRC).

Last edited:

Portland Frog

Italy is salty, no doubt. But the group they are in (Group A) is really bad with Turkey, Wales and Switzerland. If I’m Germany I’m ticked being in the group of death. It’s challenging to know just how good Italy is. One thing in their favor: speed up front. They haven’t had a lot of it in the past few years up front.

Purp

Italy is salty, no doubt. But the group they are in (Group A) is really bad with Turkey, Wales and Switzerland. If I’m Germany I’m ticked being in the group of death. It’s challenging to know just how good Italy is. One thing in their favor: speed up front. They haven’t had a lot of it in the past few years up front.
Switzerland is no slouch right now. I think Italy should beat them, but the Swiss are a solid opponent. Clearly 2nd best for me in that group.

Chongo94

Fifa fined Mexico and is making them play their next two games without fans because of their usual chant. Would love for Mexico to get banned from the World Cup bc of their scum fans, which Fifa said could happen if it continues or something like that.

Still hate Zusi to this day for scoring that goal that allowed them to qualify.

Purp

Fifa fined Mexico and is making them play their next two games without fans because of their usual chant. Would love for Mexico to get banned from the World Cup bc of their scum fans, which Fifa said could happen if it continues or something like that.

Still hate Zusi to this day for scoring that goal that allowed them to qualify.

Yeah. I have mixed emotions about this. On one hand, I love Mexico getting sanctions. But I'm tired of the culture shift toward being so soft that a slur like this offends people to the extent we have to shut down a match for a few minutes to punish the fans. Also, if you're going to sanction them for this why not double the sanctions for fans throwing debris at players and refs on the field?

https://www.espn.com/soccer/mexico-...by-fifa-for-recurrence-of-fans-anti-gay-chant

Moose Stuff

Hungary holds the French and totally against the run of play Portugal is up 1-0 in Germany. Germans are in a world of trouble. And On a side note Germany (the country) sure looks pathetically weak with their 20% capacity restriction when you compare it to crazed 70,000 people packed into the stadium in Budapest this morning.

Moose Stuff

Hungary holds the French and totally against the run of play Portugal is up 1-0 in Germany. Germans are in a world of trouble. And On a side note Germany (the country) sure looks pathetically weak with their 20% capacity restriction when you compare it to crazed 70,000 people packed into the stadium in Budapest this morning.

And the Germans are quickly level.