• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Chongo94

It’s Christian Eriksen and apparently he just collapsed. I’m not sure how this game gets finished.

It looked awful, just awful. He just slowly collapsed. Brutal. And then to see them doing CPR…horrible.

This is just awful and sad. Brutal to see ugh.

Last edited:

Eight

E3sqoylWQAQsaMH

apparently left the stadium breathing on his own and conscious

hiphopfroggy

Fonseca isn't Mourinho so I'm happy, but Poch should have never been sacked to begin with. Maybe Fonseca can bring Xhaka with him.

I know you didn't bother to ask but I will offer my opinion of Fonseca anyway.

I think he is a really great coach that offers an effective and fun style of attacking football to watch. He seems to be really adaptable and I thought his in game management was superb. A striker like Kane will thrive in his system. He had some really terrible injury luck during his time in Rome and had the club in 3rd this year before the injuries piling up became too much to overcome. I'm really glad a club like Tottenham was paying attention and seem to understand that the results in Rome were due to terrible injury luck. Of course that being said EPL is stacked so it is still going to be a struggle to finish ahead of the Manchester clubs, Chelsea and Liverpool in year 1, but if Paratici can give him a talented squad he should succeed.

Chongo94

upon notification that erickson is "okay" both sides agree to resume the game.

large number of fans remained at the stadium and the fins and danes alternating the cheers "chirstian" and "erickson"

belgium up 2-0 on russia.

Per my understanding, Eriksen actually called or somehow spoke to the team to convince them to do so. If that is correct, that’s a great sign I would think.

Purp

I know you didn't bother to ask but I will offer my opinion of Fonseca anyway.

I think he is a really great coach that offers an effective and fun style of attacking football to watch. He seems to be really adaptable and I thought his in game management was superb. A striker like Kane will thrive in his system. He had some really terrible injury luck during his time in Rome and had the club in 3rd this year before the injuries piling up became too much to overcome. I'm really glad a club like Tottenham was paying attention and seem to understand that the results in Rome were due to terrible injury luck. Of course that being said EPL is stacked so it is still going to be a struggle to finish ahead of the Manchester clubs, Chelsea and Liverpool in year 1, but if Paratici can give him a talented squad he should succeed.
I'm not terribly dissatisfied with him; moreso dissatisfied with Levy. The search shouldn't have taken this long. I agree with you on style and that's the preferred style for Spurs. I'm not sure he's the guy that changes Kane's mind, though. Indo like the appointment of Paratici. He's going to have a tougher time bringing elite talent without Champion's League money this season, though.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Per my understanding, Eriksen actually called or somehow spoke to the team to convince them to do so. If that is correct, that’s a great sign I would think.

Good that he seems okay, everyone in his hometown of Middelfart, Denmark will be relieved…
No joke, that’s his hometown!

Last edited:

Purp

Read today that the medics who first responded on the pitch said he was dead. They got him back with the AED, but he was gone up to that point. Reminded me of what happened to Riggs.