• The KillerFrogs

2020 updated football roster on gofrogs

Eight

was on gofrogs at lunch checking some information and noticed the updated football roster for 2020 is now posted

https://gofrogs.com/sports/football/roster

loooooong way to go until next august and there will be change in players, positions, numbers etc... but a few things stood out to me.

first thought tcusid had made a mistake not changing class status for a number of juniors as there were hardly any seniors, but remembered next year's senior class is very small. i counted only 10 scholarship seniors

did notice tony wallace and mikel barkely are still isted on the roster and they must have red-shirted last year.

second, there will definitely be some position movement on the defensive side of the ball. roster shows only 6 defensive ends, 8 defensive tackles, 10 linebackers, and 8 safeties. craziest part might be only 4 seniors out of those 32 players.

will be very interesting watching the movements, who steps up, what adjustments are made and if we see any transfers come in over the next few moths.

saw xavier kely of clemson is in the transfer portal as well as a psu defensive end

offensively there are a number of bodies in the offensive line, just not sure who can block and once again only 3 seniors among the 18 player. also noticed a grey -shirt freshman from el paso who is at least big. not sure if he can block, but that can be said for most of that group. not throwing shade, just a number of unknowns at this time.

only three scholarship quarterbacks at this time is pretty freaking worrisome when two are recovering from injury.

counted 79-80 scholarship players so still room for transfers and it will be curious if we see anyone leave after spring. what i can tell everyone came back aside from the few known transfers.

Moose Stuff

was on gofrogs at lunch checking some information and noticed the updated football roster for 2020 is now posted

loooooong way to go until next august and there will be change in players, positions, numbers etc... but a few things stood out to me.

first thought tcusid had made a mistake not changing class status for a number of juniors as there were hardly any seniors, but remembered next year's senior class is very small. i counted only 10 scholarship seniors

did notice tony wallace and mikel barkely are still isted on the roster and they must have red-shirted last year.

second, there will definitely be some position movement on the defensive side of the ball. roster shows only 6 defensive ends, 8 defensive tackles, 10 linebackers, and 8 safeties. craziest part might be only 4 seniors out of those 32 players.

will be very interesting watching the movements, who steps up, what adjustments are made and if we see any transfers come in over the next few moths.

saw xavier kely of clemson is in the transfer portal as well as a psu defensive end

offensively there are a number of bodies in the offensive line, just not sure who can block and once again only 3 seniors among the 18 player. also noticed a grey -shirt freshman from el paso who is at least big. not sure if he can block, but that can be said for most of that group. not throwing shade, just a number of unknowns at this time.

only three scholarship quarterbacks at this time is pretty freaking worrisome when two are recovering from injury.

counted 79-80 scholarship players so still room for transfers and it will be curious if we see anyone leave after spring. what i can tell everyone came back aside from the few known transfers.

Seems like we could really use a veteran QB transfer for depth. Also, don’t write off Downing just because he isn’t on scholarship (or is he now on scholarhsip?)

Eight

Seems like we could really use a veteran QB transfer for depth. Also, don’t write off Downing just because he isn’t on scholarship (or is he now on scholarhsip?)

agree, they could use an experienced hand at quarterback but that raises the question of would a grad transfer who is leaving because they aren't getting a chance to play be willing to come to ft worth and possibly sit again?

sure downing will get reps this spring and as far as scholarship i have no real idea. similar to altman at center

Froggish

Im really interested in the injury progress of Marcheselli, BBrown, and Wes Harris.. IMO Harris, if he can stay healthy, has the potential to be an X-Factor for us.

Eight

Bring up to date on the young man from Germany. Thought he was supposed to be something.

borussia dortmund game is on my bucket list so when i am in the 'neighborhood" i will stop by and catch a game.

i know a good number of high school coaches, but none currently working in germany so can't do much besides that.

Chongo94

Maybe Delton can take a redshirt and come back again.

kpKPmCc.gif

CryptoMiner

Never thought I’d see the day when I would read we have 8 DT’s.

Amazingly we are 3 deep almost everywhere except OG (and if you move a C over we are good there). As far as a position balanced roster this is as good of a job as they have done in a long time.

However without looking at details as to if there are any class mistakes, only 9 scholarship SRs (and one is the transfer OL)? Maybe some mistakes but not sure I have ever seen that at TCU before. They are probably being careful with the open slots to make sure they fill with transfers or JUCOs but the overall depth is good.

No big issue with QB depth assuming Baldwin can get healthy but if not seems a little shaky. They are looking at a lot of JUCO QBs but most seem to be long shots or high risk at this point. same with the transfer market.