• The KillerFrogs

2020 Schedule

Wexahu

That non-conference slate suddenly doesn't look so easy. Very good chance we'll be favored in just one of the three games. Two at the most.

tcumaniac

The lack of a bye during conference play seems pretty ridiculous. Looks like Texas is in the same boat though. Haven't taken a look at the schedule of all the teams yet.

Meanwhile...

TCU_backer

I thought this was the last year on the contract to play SMU. Did that get renewed?

Also, not having a bye in conference is going to be brutal.

Limey Frog

I like opening with a real game. I hate playing FCS schools, period. We should open with SMU and close with Baylor every year. I hate closing with Kansas.

All of this is meaningless if we have the same position coaches coming back on offense and defensive line. If GP just switches OC and keeps everyone else in place I'll be presuming the worst.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Excited for Cal. Sister-in-law and her husband live 12 miles from Berkeley. Going to stay with them and go sightsee San Francisco on Sunday.

Steel too! Perfect time of year to hit the Eastern Sierra in Cali. Can combine a fb road trip with some mountain climbing. Win! May hit Trinity Alps or Sonora Pass area. Prolly Sonora given it's proximity to San Fran.

Another suggestion for you all if you haven't been there, is Point Reyes National Seashore.

If you like zoo type things, the Monterrey Aquarium is among the best in the country.

Don't waste your money/time on whale watching boats. You can see whales probably far better at Lands End park, which is free.

AroundWorldFrog

Steel too! Perfect time of year to hit the Eastern Sierra in Cali. Can combine a fb road trip with some mountain climbing. Win! May hit Trinity Alps or Sonora Pass area. Prolly Sonora given it's proximity to San Fran.

Another suggestion for you all if you haven't been there, is Point Reyes National Seashore.

If you like zoo type things, the Monterrey Aquarium is among the best in the country.

Don't waste your money/time on whale watching boats. You can see whales probably far better at Lands End park, which is free.
How's the Tenderloin District?

steelfrog

Tier 1
By the way, this is an appropriate place to point out that when TCU was in MWC we had SO MANY great destinations to travel to and do fun stuff, and now we are in the relative wasteland of the B12. West Virginia is prolly all that would qualify as something other than a colossal bore.

That, in addition to the fact that we won 87% of our conference games in MWC, vs. 55% of B12, and we had our highest ever AP ranking in the MWC.

Thanks Del Conte for screwing us over!

steelfrog

Tier 1
How's the Tenderloin District?

Had to look that up. Steel is outdoorsy, and thus ignorant of such things.

Howsomever, having seen what it is, Steel is actually mildly interested in experiencing it, see the worst of the worst.

By the way, Steel travels extensively, and has for a long time, business and pleasure. It used to be, not that long ago, that San Fran and Seattle were very similar towns, in terms of feel. In the last ten years, San Fran is taken a precipitous nose dive that is quite obvious and shocking frankly. Seattle is still awesome. San Fran is one of the worst cities in the country in terms of walking the streets, bums, chaos, feces, traffic, crime. It has become a very unpleasant city.

BUT, having said that, it is within a few hours' drive of awesome outdoors stuff.

leofrog

Don’t think we’re opening with a bye. Everyone looks to be starting 9/5
That is correct. The official opening of college football is Labor Day weekend. Because Labor Day is so late, that also just gives us 1 bye week next year instead of 2.

Week 0 games are a new thing, and there are special waivers/qualifications for those games.