• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

CryptoMiner

Lufkin S Jerrin Thompson picks the whorns. At one time TCU was assumed the leader but last few months or so UT came on strong. They getting e'rbody.

MinFrog

Baylor picked up another committment last night and it dropped their avg. rating to 84.59. There is a real race to be the 9th worst class in the big xii between BU and KSU. Dont count out Rape U catching Kansas though.

Either Rhule and staff are better evaluators than Saban and Dabo or they are about to shoot themselves in the foot by taking a class entirely of projects.

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/?Conference=Big-12

CryptoMiner

Small note from a UT site on Quentin Johnston:

6’11” high jump, 4.5(flat) 40yd. He has ridiculous hang time. Good receiver but elite athlete. Will take some work to get his route running improved to college level but the high ranking is warranted. Texas/TCU final 2. Not as good as Demas but testing numbers are comparable.

Ron Swanson

Baylor picked up another committment last night and it dropped their avg. rating to 84.59. There is a real race to be the 9th worst class in the big xii between BU and KSU. Dont count out Rape U catching Kansas though.

Either Rhule and staff are better evaluators than Saban and Dabo or they are about to shoot themselves in the foot by taking a class entirely of projects.

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/?Conference=Big-12
giphy.gif

Eight

Xavion Alford committed to UT...Those SOBs are on fire...They always dust us on the recruiting trail but this year is worse then ever. Last years bowl win is really paying off. We need to slap them around this year in the Carter.

frogs have got 4 kids from texas high schools.

0 commits from houston, 1 commit from the metroplex, and this isn't because people are suddenly cheating or atm joined the sec.

Xavion Alford committed to UT...Those SOBs are on fire...They always dust us on the recruiting trail but this year is worse then ever. Last years bowl win is really paying off. We need to slap them around this year in the Carter.
How many more can they take? Seems like they have 41 committed already.

Eight

Actually they are at 16 but I guess it depends on how many they run off after the season

naviar and washington just kill it recruiting and when you combine them with the support texas gets from their people in austin and they are siging who they want in the secondary.

Froggish

frogs have got 4 kids from texas high schools.

0 commits from houston, 1 commit from the metroplex, and this isn't because people are suddenly cheating or atm joined the sec.

We are laying an egg big time in the most fertile state in the country. It happens to be in our back yard. That’s extremely strange and a problem. Someone mentioned that UTs success last year is having the most negative recruiting impact on OU and TCU and I think that is absolutely true.

I like who we have committed but when you have to go out of state to get your recruits the commitments seem a lot more loose.

Eight

We are laying an egg big time in the most fertile state in the country. It happens to be in our back yard. That’s extremely strange and a problem. Someone mentioned that UTs success last year is having the most negative recruiting impact on OU and TCU and I think that is absolutely true.

I like who we have committed but when you have to go out of state to get your recruits the commitments seem a lot more loose.

i know many with start talking about recruiting for the frog factor etc....but what they keep forgetting is guys like blacklock, bethley, gaines, reagor, trevon, sewo, darius, etc... were all highly recruited and choice tcu over other big schools in texas.

i have said it multiple times, we don't do a great job selling the program compared to other schools, and it does worry me when gary talks about going back to the way they used to do some things.