• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

froginmn

Not knowing anything about this athlete, not knowing anything about his recruitment, not knowing anything, I dont even know who this kid is. My guess Texas A&M just bought a new commit. Now tell me his story and who people think he will go to now decommitted from OU. If I'm right I just going to laugh and college football is so corrupt.
Disillusioned Frog?

netty2424

Not knowing anything about this athlete, not knowing anything about his recruitment, not knowing anything, I dont even know who this kid is. My guess Texas A&M just bought a new commit. Now tell me his story and who people think he will go to now decommitted from OU. If I'm right I just going to laugh and college football is so corrupt.
Pretty big leap of thats not what happened.

Froggish

Actually...I find it interesting that Jimbo seems to be looking west for recruits rather than fighting with his SEC buddies. A lot of offers to AZ and CA players..Guess you got spread that Gaggie money around

Eight

Actually...I find it interesting that Jimbo seems to be looking west for recruits rather than fighting with his SEC buddies. A lot of offers to AZ and CA players..Guess you got spread that Gaggie money around

I wish the frogs were much more aggressive in so cal and as. great deal of talent and the four big schools really are struggling making the area wide open for those bold enough.

bama, clemson, ohio state, ou, texas and other have made hay out there.

JockO de Frog

I wish the frogs were much more aggressive in so cal and as. great deal of talent and the four big schools really are struggling making the area wide open for those bold enough.

bama, clemson, ohio state, ou, texas and other have made hay out there.
I think the frogs have been successfully recruiting the West Coast for quite a few years now.

JockO de Frog

they have signed a kid or two in seasons past, but I mean on a bigger scale

usc, as, and asu are struggling and kelly may destroy ucla
Okay, but I also think we've done well on West Coast JC recruiting. Plus, we have actually had recent success all the way up in Washington which I would have never dreamed.

Eight

Okay, but I also think we've done well on West Coast JC recruiting. Plus, we have actually had recent success all the way up in Washington which I would have never dreamed.

juco recruiting in large part has been through gary's ties from his time at cal Davis and the two recruits from washington are from a staff member.

all which is good. simply would like to see more as the area produces great talent and is wide open

asleep003

Don't think the kids on the West Coast are overly impressed with the PAC and are definitely open more these days to moving on. Frogs have a great track record over the P12 and/or wins in CA bowls. If TCU comes into a West Coast Livingroom these days... wouldn't be surprised if we get just as sincere listen, as USC would get.

Froggish

Kids today more then ever want to move away for the college experience. We run into it everyday in our own DFW backyard. How many kids have turned us down because we are to close to home?..We should be spending our recruiting energies in hot beds out of the state the same way every other large programs are pulling kids out DFW

netty2424

Kids today more then ever want to move away for the college experience. We run into it everyday in our own DFW backyard. How many kids have turned us down because we are to close to home?..We should be spending our recruiting energies in hot beds out of the state the same way every other large programs are pulling kids out DFW
Agee. It’s less common that a kid wants to stay home for college. It happens, but majority typically relocate.

That said, I think you still have to actively pursue local kids to keep the high school coaches involved. Without them, you’ll have little chance of landing any of them.

Froggish

Agee. It’s less common that a kid wants to stay home for college. It happens, but majority typically relocate.

That said, I think you still have to actively pursue local kids to keep the high school coaches involved. Without them, you’ll have little chance of landing any of them.
No doubt...Our backyard is to good to ignore.

Eight

i agree that the metroplex has a large amount of talent and the frogs need to be active, but something has happened that tcu has lost some traction.

not sure if it is the lose of kenny perry, the addition of samples to the texas staff, ou dominating the conference whatever, but the frogs has lost momentum in the metroplex and i don't think this is something that simply resolves itself with a winning season.

my interest in socal and az is that many of the issues tcu runs into when they recruit in the southeast aren't as big a problem. tcu's facilities stack up very, very well and event though usc and ucla play in large stadiums they don't regularly draw 80,000+. the same with the az schools.