• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

Eight

TCU needs to bring in this class at least 3-4 DEs and bring in 4 big linebackers.

if you look at the current roster the frogs have 7 scholarship defensive ends (they list wyatt harris as a de and i dont know why because he has been playing lb) and only 1 is a senior

blackshear (sr)

bowen (jr)
workman (jr)

mathis (rsfr)

armstrong (fr)
ellison (fr)
plant( fr)

who knows what they will get from that group the rest of this year, hope colt comes along, but they could use some immediate help. they have sylvester committed to the 2020 class and i think they need to go juco or a grad transfer.

i don't see them landing another true freshman who can make an impact in 2020

linebacker they have 8 scholarship players and no seniors

wallow (jr).

wilson (so)

holmes (rs-fr)
simpson (rs-fr)

harris(fr)
marcheselli (fr)
jordan(fr)
winters(fr)

i don't see them signing a linebacker right now unless you have a few trasfer out.

the elephant in the room to me is why does it take so damn long to get players up to speed at this position?

Froggish

if you look at the current roster the frogs have 7 scholarship defensive ends (they list wyatt harris as a de and i dont know why because he has been playing lb) and only 1 is a senior

blackshear (sr)

bowen (jr)
workman (jr)

mathis (rsfr)

armstrong (fr)
ellison (fr)
plant( fr)

who knows what they will get from that group the rest of this year, hope colt comes along, but they could use some immediate help. they have sylvester committed to the 2020 class and i think they need to go juco or a grad transfer.

wallow (jr).

wilson (so)

holmes (rs-fr)
simpson (rs-fr)

harris(fr)
marcheselli (fr)
jordan(fr)
winters(fr)

i don't see them signing a linebacker right now unless you have a few trasfer out.

the elephant in the room to me is why does it take so damn long to get players up to speed at this position?

There’s no help coming...We better hope that these youngsters are just experiencing growing pains and the adversity they are going through now will pay off later. Seems like that 2014 team had all the elements and since then we’ve just failed to get everyone clicking. QB play, OL, Def..We just can’t get them all clicking in the same year.

MTfrog5

hopefully the frogs have been blasting out to every recruit they have access that last night for the pats both offensive tackles are from tcu.

that message can't get hammered enough
I think they are selling that to every OL recruit which is why you see them in the running for some pretty high recruits

Eight

I think they are selling that to every OL recruit which is why you see them in the running for some pretty high recruits

which they need to as well as through every possible means of social media and conventional media

they need to take control of the message about the program and sell the damn thing.

CryptoMiner

blackshear (sr)

bowen (jr)
workman (jr)

mathis (rsfr)

armstrong (fr)
ellison (fr)
plant( fr)

wallow (jr).

wilson (so)

holmes (rs-fr)
simpson (rs-fr)

harris(fr)
marcheselli (fr)
jordan(fr)
winters(fr)

Two things:

They have gone after a few LBs but yes they are being selective. I expect they will sign one and he is about to be offered.

Not sure it takes so long to get up to speed as we have had some very young LBs start or get significant PT under Patterson. However never get there but you can say that about any position.

Eight

Two things:

They have gone after a few LBs but yes they are being selective. I expect they will sign one and he is about to be offered.

Not sure it takes so long to get up to speed as we have had some very young LBs start or get significant PT under Patterson. However never get there but you can say that about any position.

if you go back and look at the classes since the frogs have come into the conference we have had a few young guys play early, but a large part of that is because of a lack of bodies a the position due to a variety of reasons.

they have a string of recruiting misses, some questionable signings in 2013 and 2014 and have had a string of kids who never really played over the course of 4-5 years in the program.

multiple times we have seen players moved from safety because the linebackers recruited weren't getting it done and that wasn't the way it was back in cusa or the mwc.

last year the spotlight really was brought to the issue when summers was playing defensive end and the frogs got killed in the run game versus ohio state, some of the issues popped up again against smu, and it was brutal against kansas in pass coverage.