• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

Eight

I wonder if the game doesn't slow down for Justin Rogers at QB, does he go to TE or bulk up for DE?

tenor.gif

defensive end?

netty2424

I wonder if the game doesn't slow down for Justin Rogers at QB, does he go to TE or bulk up for DE?
I bet he transfers before he plays anything else. Some program out there will take him, and he’ll probably be a really good player.

My confidence in QB development here has diminished.

TX_Krötenechse

Hope the part about Sylvester needing some technique work isn’t true since apparently we don’t actually teach techniques to our DEs (apparently this is what Banogu has said)

tetonfrog

I bet he transfers before he plays anything else. Some program out there will take him, and he’ll probably be a really good player.

My confidence in QB development here has diminished.

He needs to get fully healthy and shake off the rust before making any decisions. This will be an important offseason for him. He will be a junior next year and can always be a grad transfer to those same schools.

If he cannot beat out Max, Collins and Delton, then why would you think you are an NFL player? He and his family know how important a TCU degree is and how the transfer portal works. TCU and GP have been loyal to him and he has been a good Frog. I hope he will make an impact on the field at some point. More important, I wish him a full recovery.

Wexahu

He needs to get fully healthy and shake off the rust before making any decisions. This will be an important offseason for him. He will be a junior next year and can always be a grad transfer to those same schools.

If he cannot beat out Max, Collins and Delton, then why would you think you are an NFL player? He and his family know how important a TCU degree is and how the transfer portal works. TCU and GP have been loyal to him and he has been a good Frog. I hope he will make an impact on the field at some point. More important, I wish him a full recovery.

He'll be a sophomore next year eligibility-wise.

Eight

Hope the part about Sylvester needing some technique work isn’t true since apparently we don’t actually teach techniques to our DEs (apparently this is what Banogu has said)

truth be told i think most top tier defensive end/line recruits come into college lacking technique and it makes sense.

players like fields and garret at arlington martin played a very good high school schedule and how many college level offensive tackles do you think they faced let alone someone who can match their physical tools.

newton has played a very tough non-conference schedule, but i think you would be pressed to find many college level tackles in their opponents. odds are no one like coker or williams and they aren't the frogs best let alone a 21-22 year old who has been in a college program for 3-4 years.

james is very talented and he plays very hard, but right now he gets by predominantly on quickness or bull rush.

as far as the banogu comments and staff etc....i will let that be

Froggish

As long as he graduates I would imagine GP would be fine with him moving on. In fact I would bet most the program would be excited for him to get an opportunity to play somewhere.