• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

LVH

Big commitment. What are the chances Blacklock and Bethley leave after this year?

I think Sylvester could start right away at DE. Karter Johnson has to be a shoe in at one of the DTs.

Wexahu

Big commitment. What are the chances Blacklock and Bethley leave after this year?

I think Sylvester could start right away at DE. Karter Johnson has to be a shoe in at one of the DTs.

I really doubt Bethley would leave, very good college player but he doesn’t strike me as a great NFL prospect like Blacklock could be. Regardless, very good pickup by the staff, we need as many DL as we can get. He’s actually compared to Bethley by the scouting service.

Without ever having seen him play, agreed that Sylvester might be able to start right away. I’m sure the coaches are hammering home that point as well.

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

I really doubt Bethley would leave, very good college player but he doesn’t strike me as a great NFL prospect like Blacklock could be. Regardless, very good pickup by the staff, we need as many DL as we can get. He’s actually compared to Bethley by the scouting service.

Without ever having seen him play, agreed that Sylvester might be able to start right away. I’m sure the coaches are hammering home that point as well.

I’ve never seen Sylvester play and I think he could start for us at Kansas State next week.

Eight

sylvester is REALLY RAW.

saw him last year against east bernard and he has great athletic ability, but little technique. also needs some time in the weight room.

he hits the hardcourt right after basketball.

no idea why bethley would leave early.

MTfrog5

sylvester is REALLY RAW.

saw him last year against east bernard and he has great athletic ability, but little technique. also needs some time in the weight room.

He can’t be worse than what we got now. I’ve seen middle school C team with better technique

Wexahu

sylvester is REALLY RAW.

Don’t mean to get off topic but after rewatching the game Saturday I’d like to see what a 3-3-5 might look like with our “DEs” not getting completely taken out of the play at the snap. Line em up a few yards off the line so they can run to the ball a bit. No idea if they can play that way or if it’s even an option but what I saw at ISU absolutely has no chance of working without major, major improvement. Put Cooper, Bethley and Blacklock along the line and go from there.

MTfrog5

Don’t mean to get off topic but after rewatching the game Saturday I’d like to see what a 3-3-5 might look like with our “DEs” not getting completely taken out of the play at the snap. Line em up a few yards off the line so they can run to the ball a bit. No idea if they can play that way or if it’s even an option but what I saw at ISU absolutely has no chance of working without major, major improvement. Put Cooper, Bethley and Blacklock along the line and go from there.
I’d try anything at this point to help them

Froggish

Give me any combo of DL who will actually engage an OL and get after someone. Watching Mathis, Workman, and Blackshear stand straight up on every snap and pray that the play is going away from them is the worst

MinFrog

Stop me if you have heard this before, but TCU’s freakishly Athletic/high upside QB commit had a significant knee injury during his senior year and will now have have to have surgery to repair it.

MTfrog5

Stop me if you have heard this before, but TCU’s freakishly Athletic/high upside QB commit had a significant knee injury during his senior year and will now have have to have surgery to repair it.

Sucks for the kid but I’m not sure where you saw the high upside QB part. Kid was probably going to be playing TE or something else

Froggish

I live in Tulsa and have seen Eli play more than a few times...Hate it for the kid. Hope the surge goes well..