• The KillerFrogs

2020 NFL Draft

Wexahu

I think he is a fan.

Was going to ask you earlier... were you as surprised as I that JK Dobbins went as late as he did?

Ha. I have no idea, RBs are a dime a dozen. I thought J Taylor would have gone higher maybe, he looked the part in college to me. But I just figure if a team has a good OL and a good offensive system, a RB is easy to find. See SF last year.

Wexahu

What’s gonna hurt DA is I don’t think he can play special teams and he isn’t gonna add much in the passing game, unless he learns to block. Rosters just aren’t big enough in the NFL to have many one dimensional players.

Eight

Cordell and Sewo should get drafted. I don’t think it happens for DA or Gaines

cordell?

maybe da or sewo, but they may get hurt by not getting to workout before scouts

gaines had injury problems the last two seasons and he is another guy i think who gets hurt by not working out to show his coverage skills

if mckiiney, cordell, and or bolisomi get drafted something was very wrong last couple of seasons

Moose Stuff

cordell?

maybe da or sewo, but they may get hurt by not getting to workout before scouts

gaines had injury problems the last two seasons and he is another guy i think who gets hurt by not working out to show his coverage skills

if mckiiney, cordell, and or bolisomi get drafted something was very wrong last couple of seasons

Something was wrong either way, but yes. Had Innis stayed healthy during his college career he was a definite draft. Sewo is the only one left that makes sense to me. Shame Song doesn't have a little more leg or I think he'd have a shot.

Froggish

Blacklock was pretty elite. Had offers from a bunch of the big programs IIRC

Blacklock and Sewo we’re both 4 star talents coming out of HS with tons of high level offers. For 10+ years under Patterson, we were conditioned as fans to think every player he turned into something came from a 1A school in the backwoods of TX. Those days are long gone. For the last 4-5 years we’ve been recruiting and landing a handful of very highly rated recruits every year. We pretty consistently are recruiting in the top 30 which is far from exceptional but it’s still very good. That should naturally result in getting more kids drafted or at least on draft radars.

Eight

Blacklock was pretty elite. Had offers from a bunch of the big programs IIRC

ron, you are right and thanks for the correction.

ross was a 4-star out of elkins and a top 50 recruit in the state. what is interesting when i went back and looked at the state's class that year was the number of defensive tackle prospect that year.

texas the past few years has struggled to produce a couple of quality defensive tackle prospects for some reason.

2016 the state produced ed oliver, jordan elliott, ross, bravvion roy, and madubuike who all have made the nfl

ross is the first defensive tackle i can recall with nfl tools in terms of size and athletic ability . combine that with the willingness to learn and working his ass off to drop 30+ lbs and hopefully he is the first of a number of fitch's guys to get in the nfl

thanks again for the correction

Moose Stuff

Blacklock and Sewo we’re both 4 star talents coming out of HS with tons of high level offers. For 10+ years under Patterson, we were conditioned as fans to think every player he turned into something came from a 1A school in the backwoods of TX. Those days are long gone. For the last 4-5 years we’ve been recruiting and landing a handful of very highly rated recruits every year. We pretty consistently are recruiting in the top 30 which is far from exceptional but it’s still very good. That should naturally result in getting more kids drafted or at least on draft radars.

DA had an offer from Alabama.

Eight

i do agree the frogs recruiting class rankings have gotten better and i do think the overall athletic ability on the roster is as good as it has been in some time

gladney is an example of a kid who was overlooked by the recruiting services and a number of other schools, he wasn't even rated in the top 100 recruits in the state of texas and you don't go in the first round of the nfl draft on grit and toughness alone.

i think the big issue when we start talking about recruits having nfl draft potential is whether or not they come to campus with the basic physical tools of their position and how things develop from there.

take niang for example. he wasn't even a top 500 national recruit, was the 50th best offensive tackle prospect in 2016 and when he showed up as a freshman you could see the massive frame and great feet.

you can be smart, you can be tough, you can have great technique, but if you are going to play tackle in the nfl you have to have those physical tools. aviante's collins, matt pryor, joey hunt, and jospeh noteboom are all examples of underrated recruits at their positions who had the physical tools for the nfl.

don't want to say they could have done nothing in ft worth and still would have made the nfl, but the reason why i don't see cordell making it is he doesn't have the massive size and/or the unique athletic ability

t

4 Oaks Frog

Is there a scoreboard somewhere that gives a breakdown of Big12 Teams and their draft picks so far for this draft?

GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!