• The KillerFrogs

2020 NFL Draft

jake102

Who didn’t know that would be coming. Did they take the time to piss on Kenny, Shawn Robinson, or Cumbie? All those guys earned more roasting than a true Freshman QB who was starting his first game 6 months into showing up on campus

No need to be sensitive about it. You don't get a handicap for being a freshman... Duggan was a bad QB, and that affect Reagor's season. End of story. Doesn't mean Duggan can't be great in the future

Paul in uhh

I was excited for Reagor but after reading eagles fans on Twitter I’m less so. They’re all a miserable bunch and trashing JR left and right. Lots of SEC homers oddly.

TRF51

Who didn’t know that would be coming. Did they take the time to piss on Kenny, Shawn Robinson, or Cumbie? All those guys earned more roasting than a true Freshman QB who was starting his first game 6 months into showing up on campus

No, probably because his numbers were much better under them. I like Max, a lot and I think he is a gamer. I hope he processes all of this and plays lights out.

Froggish

No need to be sensitive about it. You don't get a handicap for being a freshman... Duggan was a bad QB, and that affect Reagor's season. End of story. Doesn't mean Duggan can't be great in the future

I agree. Max doesn’t get a pass for his bad play. Nor should he. I love that kid and think he’s going to be great, but last year he stunk for the most part. Having leadership skills and nice wheels is great but it isn’t near enough to be a good QB. My point was that Max is getting hammered for what he only bares partial responsibility for...If your going to properly evaluate Reagor’s production or lack there of, there is only one constant throughout his 3 years at TCU....Sonny Cumbie...Likewise if your going to be critical of any of those TCU offensive skill players who are going to get drafted, you cant do it without placing the blame at the constant ....Sonny Cumbie.

The quicker we move on from the SC play calling experiment the better. If GP loves him and wants him here, fine. Just get him away from the scheme/play calling and quit placing all the blame at feet of our QBs. At some point a wise man goes to the constant to find the problem...We all know the common thread through 3 years of bad to avg QB play.

Eight

jalen for some reason was the fourth option in 2017 when he had 33 catches for 576 yards and 8 td's

frogs had turpin, diarse was their one bigger receiver and i guess they were wanting to reward the senior des white for finally putting in the work (in des' own words), but physically there was no way jalen shouldn't have gotten more touches and that was on the oc's (cumbie and meacham)

2018 he actually had his three best receiving games with mike collins as the starter against kansas, kansas state, and wvu. jalen went for 22 catches for 419 yards and 3 tds.

unfortunately we know what happened next week and collins never got a chance again. i am not saying mike was a great quarterback by any stretch, max and shawn could make some throws mike couldn't, but mike also didn't miss throws that both of them missed

what was interesting is that with the mule at quarterback cumbie still found a way to get jalen 19 touches for 336 yardsa and 4 td's in the wins over baylor and ok state at the end of 2018

not sure what happened last year, some was on jalen, some on cumbie, and some was on max for missing some open throws.

Eight

not sure what you are trying to say there paul

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__brides__proteus__5cd5bd8f147b481a85c6ddc0__169-4796b9eff2c342b1a9bc20e6f9c4168a.jpeg

Mean Purple

No, Max is not immune from critical view on this. Kid should have been red shirted. That said, rcvrs have to run routes well if they want to be thrown open. And there were some flaws in that process last season. GP even mentioned that issue multiple times, along with the drops.

It was good the Reagor had a good post season training program. People did not like his time at the combine, but they also know that was an off time due to all the tape on him.

Now it is time to show he can do it at the next level in a crowd. If Philly uses him correctly, he will.

Hopefully, Blacklock and Niang will selected in the second round. Having two first round selections and two

second round selections would illustrate the quality of talent that TCU is capable of assembling.

JugbandFrog

Hopefully, Blacklock and Niang will selected in the second round. Having two first round selections and two

second round selections would illustrate the quality of talent that TCU is capable of assembling.
It also helps that viewership was high for the draft. I don’t know how many high school kids saw that, but they were tossing around TCU names pretty easily for first round picks. You have to think that matters.