• The KillerFrogs

2020 MLB Thread

I wouldn't read to much into this. The players knew that was the response on Sunday when they submitted the proposal. Nobody expected anything differently. The tweet makes it sound worse than it is (and I'm not saying that's the situation is currently good).
I don't but rather read it from a "who blinks first?" perspective given the no counter. If that read is correct sometimes it takes a few ticks on the watch for the first blink.

Last edited:

Eight

And let's be honest, we'd all watch that.... which is basically the point of what they're trying to do here.

no, some of us don't watch nfl preseason games, little interest in the nba when it comes back, and this argument for baseball most likely would carry me through the summer

Moose Stuff

I don't but rather read it from a "who blinks first?" perspective given the no counter. If that read is correct sometimes it takes a few ticks on the watch for the first blink.

Totally agree. If you make me choose the most likely scenario it's that a deal gets done but it takes longer than we want it to.

Moose Stuff

no, some of us don't watch nfl preseason games, little interest in the nba when it comes back, and this argument for baseball most likely would carry me through the summer

So then..... let's be honest, people who would normally watch/attend MLB games would watch that.

Eight

So then..... let's be honest, people who would normally watch/attend MLB games would watch that.

maybe, i do know up through last year i would watch astro games at times during the regular season and the playoffs

that interest has subsided partly by how mlb handled the astros / redsox/ yankees investigations and then the way this has been handled.

FBallFan123

I'd love to know who Joel talked to that expresses more pessimism TODAY given that this proposal was dead in the water 4 days ago. The rejection of this proposal is not news to anyone involved.

I tend to agree with you about Sherman and Haymon re pessimism, since these proposals were always gonna be rejected.

Last edited:

Eight

I'm guessing whoever he spoke to isn't extremely close to what's actually going on. Either that or he exaggerated what they told him.

wait, someone would overplay a story from a source to garner attention?

Uelw.gif

FBallFan123

I'm guessing whoever he spoke to isn't extremely close to what's actually going on. Either that or he exaggerated what they told him.

I do still have pessimism based on the
deteriorating relationship between the MLB and MLBPA, I just think anybody who expresses *more* pessimism from the two sides rejecting the proposals is being disingenuous.

The proposals were NEVER getting agree to.

Pharm Frog

I do still have pessimism, I just think anybody who *more* pessimism from the two sides rejecting the proposals is being disingenuous.

The proposals were NEVER getting agree to.

What are the BATNA’s? If either one is “no season” then probably no season. I just can’t see that being the case.

Eight

Hahaha.... it's kinda sad but that's my first thought on almost every news story I read these days.

curious if the media truly care at this point or if it is simply about throwing as much [ Finebaum ] as possible at the wall

was watching a houston station last night that was covering the march downtown and a reporter on the street started talking about all the tension on the street and that it appeared something was happening a block over, but she couldn't see, mentioned seeing smoke and something was going on.

cut to a helicopter shot and while she is carrying on with this narrative basically nada...

FBallFan123

What are the BATNA’s? If either one is “no season” then probably no season. I just can’t see that being the case.

Well supposedly MLB unilaterally decide on a 50-game a season ... but will players show up given how much that would reduce their salaries?

There is middle ground, so perhaps Haymon is onto something with suggestion...