• The KillerFrogs

2020 MLB Thread

FBallFan123

maybe we should send boras a copy of financefrogs greater good speech

Boras already made that speech... now he wants to get paid...

“Time and time again, baseball has helped our country heal. Whether it be David Ortiz giving a speech to rally a city after the Boston Marathon bombing or the A’s and Giants aiding a jittery Bay Area after a deadly earthquake that interrupted the 1989 World Series, baseball has been there in times of loss to help our country and our cities move forward.”

“It is time again for baseball to serve.”

Moose Stuff

I think Clay takes it a bit too far in the above tweet, but I totally agree that not playing this season because they couldn't agree on money would be a disastrous decision for both sides. And there is no "one side was right and the other was wrong" scenario.... they would BOTH be unbelievably wrong (although I do think the average fan would be more upset with the players).

Pharm Frog

“Remember games can’t be played without you” is an interesting statement. I might want to test that theory given what I expect to be a pent up demand combined with attendance restrictions to boot.

Moose Stuff

I'm not taking a side on the issue but if minor league teams are being cut next year then this is basically letting guys go now that were gonna get let go next year anyway. And these guys getting let go were almost certainly not gonna he big leaguers. My honest opinion.... the sooner a kid realizes that and gets on with his life the better.