• The KillerFrogs

2020 MLB Thread

PurpleBlood87

Didn’t watch it live, but I’ll be checking out the replay on ESPN2 in a few hours.

Looks like they’ll be showing replays in the afternoon all week.

I enjoyed it.
It was somewhere between College level and minor league baseball.
ESPN's format of having announcers doing the game from their house was good.
They had Eric Thames on during the rain delay before the game started and he had some great insight into the game of baseball in South Korea and life there.
Thames was the first 40-40 player in the KBO and is kind of a legend there.
He said something he was always recognized because he stood out in the crowd. That was the same thing the POWs who escaped from the Hanoi Hilton said after they were captured "they stood out in the crowd".
Thames said people would see him and buy him coffee and some even bought him jeans and things.
Also the announcers said that MLB will be watching the KBO and how they deal with the virus.
If any player is found to have have the virus, the league immediately goes on a three week lockdown.

FBallFan123

I enjoyed it.
It was somewhere between College level and minor league baseball.
ESPN's format of having announcers doing the game from their house was good.
They had Eric Thames on during the rain delay before the game started and he had some great insight into the game of baseball in South Korea and life there.
Thames was the first 40-40 player in the KBO and is kind of a legend there.
He said something he was always recognized because he stood out in the crowd. That was the same thing the POWs who escaped from the Hanoi Hilton said after they were captured "they stood out in the crowd".
Thames said people would see him and buy him coffee and some even bought him jeans and things.
Also the announcers said that MLB will be watching the KBO and how they deal with the virus.
If any player is found to have have the virus, the league immediately goes on a three week lockdown.

He even carried it into MLB...I remember that incredible April Thames had back in 2017.