• The KillerFrogs

2020 MLB Thread

Sounds like Rangers vs Dodgers for Rendon... it’ll be wallet vs home/taxes.

I can’t help but think the Yankees are just the ultimate stalking horse for the Angels where Cole has always wanted to be.

FBallFan123

Sounds like Rangers vs Dodgers for Rendon... it’ll be wallet vs home/taxes.

I can’t help but think the Yankees are just the ultimate stalking horse for the Angels where Cole has always wanted to be.

Rangers and Angels both have pressure to have good offseasons.

I expect both go big.

And the stock price has never been higher for Cole or Rendon.

Yankees and Dodgers would need to break recent form to give out the kind of contracts the Rangers and Angels seem prepared to.

I tend to doubt either do it.

In a bidding match between Hal Steinbrenner and Arte Moreno, I’ll take Moreno.

And from the NYY/LAD perspectives ... they both still have “windows” that are wide open with a ton of young controllable talent ... and the teams that beat them in the playoffs (Astros, Nationals) both are likely to be weakened by free agency if/when Cole and Rendon sign elsewhere.

Last edited:
He would be my choice too, but i also know he's going to go somewhere and start posting Juan Gonzalez numbers on day 1. He's definitely a defensive liability, though. I like his arm, but not sure it's very useful without getting the ball first.

Dude needs to seriously improve his OPS. Such an enigma. Seems sturdy between the ears and has plate discipline. But is whoefully inconsistent with EXBH. Dude will go in a 30-45 day funk with driving the ball to parts of the field where runners can circle the bases. Hits the ball really hard in April, May and September.