• The KillerFrogs

2020 MLB Thread

Manfred called out Trout wanting him to be out in the public eye more. Not sure if this is the publicity he was wanting for MLB

This is how you grow the game. Not by gimmicky [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] playoff scenarios. MLB has done a horrible job of showcasing their stars; now they've taken it upon themselves to do so in reaction to one of the biggest black eyes the sport has ever seen.

Eight

believe as you want.

i don't trust what jim crain or the astros say or do and that goes for mlb and the mlbpa

the irony is that baseball more than once has gone through these cycles before and players might want to follow the example set by ralph branca back in 1954 because this wouldn't be the first time the sport ended up playing out like a greek tragedy

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I’m wondering what the passing percentage would be if every ML Player was given a lie detector exam asking if they would have stood up against such an activity had they have been given the same opportunity? I’m guessing not many.

At least someone from Houston got suspended.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/02/francis-martes-suspended-full-season-for-ped.html

Astros righty Francis Martes has been suspended for 162 games after testing positive for the banned performance enhancing drug baldenone. It was his second such test; he had previously served an 80-game suspension during the 2019 season.

Martes was once considered a high-grade prospect and still owns a 40-man roster spot. He was working back from Tommy John surgery, which would’ve cost him all of last year even were it not for the suspension.

It has now been quite some time since Martes enjoyed success on the field. He reached the majors in 2017 but didn’t stick after throwing 54 1/3 innings of 5.80 ERA ball with 11.4 K/9 and 5.1 BB/9. Martes has only made it through 25 minor-league frames over the past two campaigns.

Martes’s future is now very much in doubt. At the same time, he only reached his 24th birthday in November. He’ll obviously need both to reevaluate his decisionmaking process and rediscovery his form on the mound if he’s to carve out a big league career.