• The KillerFrogs

2020 Football Regular Season Predictions

Volare

Well typically this thread doesn't get started up until midway thru the summer, when the last out is recorded in the TCU baseball season. But this year...

With nothing better to do (and with Vegas publishing a line already) we might as well fire up the 2020 Football Regular Season Predictions thread.

If you've been around here for a while, you know how this works, but it is always amazing how many people can screw this up. This is a REGULAR SEASON prediction, so your numbers should add to TWELVE. 6-6 works, as does 12-0, or 0-12.

As usual, a spreadsheet will be created.
You will be labeled either a homer or a troll by your fellow posters.
Winners get the glory of demonstrating their superior prognostication.

It should be lost on no one that in 2019, not a single poster predicted a season as bad as what occurred (except for He Who always predicts all non-wins).

Previous Results:

Volare

QUydkVH.png

jake102

7-5. Hard for me to imagine our OL being anything better than below average (which would be an upgrade from last year)... same with our WRs.

I enjoy this thread so I can spot the idiots who don’t give a 12 game prediction

Purp

The last out of the baseball season has been recorded for over a month. Bout time you got off your bum.

5-7 and then Kill fires Gary to take the head coaching job. A week later he suffers another life-threatening medical issue (and survives) after which CGP is reinstated.

Eight

The last out of the baseball season has been recorded for over a month. Bout time you got off your bum.

5-7 and then Kill fires Gary to take the head coaching job. A week later he suffers another life-threatening medical issue (and survives) after which CGP is reinstated.

channeling financefrog are we?

Putt4Purple

10-2. The Frogs will finally show some cohesiveness on offense. The defense will be steady as usual. The Frogs will competitive in all games and will lose close games to a couple of undetermined foes. To early to narrow down.

LVH

This season is unpredictable. Even if it goes on as scheduled, too many question marks for this team.

Offense: Does Duggan take a step forward? Was it Cumby holding him back? Will Kill and Maechem make any difference? Is losing Reagor a big deal or is it addition by subtraction? Will we have multiple receivers step up so defenses don't key on one guy? Will the run game suffer a drop off with Sewo and Anderson gone? Will the offensive line take a step forward or backward with Anderson back to coaching the OL?

Defense: How can the defense get better after losing the two most important players in Blacklock and Gladney? Is there a big DT who can clog up the middle like Blacklock? Can anyone replace Gladney's production? The defensive line got better as the year went on, will they be a strength early in the season instead of a major weakness like last year? Will this safeties group by the best ever at TCU? Will a linebacker opposite Wallows step up? Does the defense continue to play aggressive trying to force 3 in outs at the expense of the big play or does it shift more toward a bend dont break style?

Schedule: Is Cal's offense good enough to give our defense trouble? We know their defense will be good enough to give our offense trouble. Was SMU simply a first half one hit wonder last year? Are they closer to the team that crashed and burned at the end of the season? How does Baylor replace all the lost production as well as the coaching staff? Is Aranda up for the task? Iowa State seems to be stuck in 3rd gear, do they finally take the next step this year? How does Kansas State replace Skylar Thompson? Will they continue to try and win with fundamentals? Does Kansas take the next step under Les Miles or do they continue to be a doormat? Does Texas Tech continue to wallow in mediocrity after an underwhelming coaching hire? Is the pressure too much for Tom Herman at Texas? Does West Virginia find a way to turn things around after last year? Does Oklahoma State field a defense this year? Can Oklahoma win with a home grown QB?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Frogs lose opener at Cal. Sonny thrown from team plane somewhere over Arizona.

Frogs go on to win the rest of their games.

12-1

Horny4TCU

8 non wins.

With Anderson taking over the OL (this alone is worth 4 losses). And the former Minnesota coach on the offensive side, I really don't see any improvements for 2020.

When Kill was coach at Minnesota his record was 29-29 and then at VT last year they went 8-5... that doesn't scream offensive genius to me, so not sure how he is going to help.

Volare

Regarding the shortened season theory, if an official announcement is made somewhere down the line, we shall adjust accordingly. For now, expectations are that your predicted games add up to 12.

vicarfrog

10-2. The Frogs will finally show some cohesiveness on offense. The defense will be steady as usual. The Frogs will competitive in all games and will lose close games to a couple of undetermined foes. To early to narrow down.
Good Lord willing our students can return to campus in a safe manner, my gut (which has a knack for being right & wrong...ha!) says it will be something like the above.

vicarfrog

8 non wins.

With Anderson taking over the OL (this alone is worth 4 losses). And the former Minnesota coach on the offensive side, I really don't see any improvements for 2020.

When Kill was coach at Minnesota his record was 29-29 and then at VT last year they went 8-5... that doesn't scream offensive genius to me, so not sure how he is going to help.
I hear you, for sure! But if you talk with VTech fans, they'll tell you Kill was instrumental in their improvement & that they're really sad to see him go.

Froggish

6-6. Unfortunately the program is about as stale as I’ve ever seen it under GP. I hope he has one more B12 title and playoff run in him, but I think this is probably the start of the final 3 seasons under GP.

I think we’ll be better than 19 but there are to many red flags waiving right now.

Horny4TCU

I hear you, for sure! But if you talk with VTech fans, they'll tell you Kill was instrumental in their improvement & that they're really sad to see him go.
Either way, I don't know if Jerry can overcome Anderson on the OL... The dude ruined the line when he last coached it, so not sure what will be different this time.