• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Chongo94

Also, I believe the journalist that is breaking this story, was the same that correctly broke the Neymar to PSG news...

Last edited:

Portland Frog

Does anyone have clarity on this policy?

"Manchester United and Manchester City will both miss the opening round of fixtures for the new Premier League season to give their players enough time to fully recover from a hectic end to the current campaign."

It's understandable that teams should be given a 30-day break between seasons. However, there appears to be no plan for these teams to make-up the game(s) later in the season. Am I missing something?

Eight

"Manchester United and Manchester City will both miss the opening round of fixtures for the new Premier League season to give their players enough time to fully recover from a hectic end to the current campaign."

It's understandable that teams should be given a 30-day break between seasons. However, there appears to be no plan for these teams to make-up the game(s) later in the season. Am I missing something?

man city will be allowed to just buy the victories since there is no longer a spending cap

Purp

Maybe the opening round will pit them against each other and they can play the match at the end of the season if/when it's necessary for seeding in Europe or for hardware. But if neither team will move in/out of Europe or in/out of first place in the Premiership even if the game is played then it could just be dropped.

Seems like it would have to be played at some point, though. That's either one of the top TV ratings matches of the year for the league or two of the top rated matches of the year if they aren't facing off with one another. Can't imagine the league would forfeit a game or games like that.

dawg

Interesting point I read yesterday: Barça will owe Liverpool an additional €5m if Bayern win the Champion's League because Coutinho's sale has a CL victory clause. The clause doesn't specify that Coutinho has to win it while wearing a Barça shirt.

Purp

Interesting point I read yesterday: Barça will owe Liverpool an additional €5m if Bayern win the Champion's League because Coutinho's sale has a CL victory clause. The clause doesn't specify that Coutinho has to win it while wearing a Barça shirt.
Now I kinda want Bayern to win just b/c of this. €5m is negligible in the grand scheme for Barca, but I relish all events where Barca gets the bad end of the deal.

tcujsauce

Bayern owes Vancouver a similar €1 mil deal if we make the final w/ Phonzie starting.

dawg

Easy pal. Der Raumdeuter is still in great form, at a ripe young 30!

Müller is only 30? Seems like I’ve been watching him with Bayern and Die Mannschaft for at least 20. Did he break through with Bayern at 16?

And this compressed CL is quite awesome. While I normally like the two-legged knockout stage ties, there is something to the finality of a one-off match.

tcujsauce

Müller is only 30? Seems like I’ve been watching him with Bayern and Die Mannschaft for at least 20. Did he break through with Bayern at 16?

And this compressed CL is quite awesome. While I normally like the two-legged knockout stage ties, there is something to the finality of a one-off match.

Made his first team debut in 2008 at 18.

Purp

scheiss CBS in their [ profanity ] [ Arschloch] for putting this on All Access. scheissers will never get $0.01 from me. Ever. scheiss them.
I got a free subscription to All Access with my 247 subscription. I didn't know it when I subscribed to 247, but they made a push a while back encouraging members to activate their All Access accounts for free so I did. I never look at it, though. Probably will check it for this, though.