• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Chongo94

Bayern have scored five, FIVE, in 31 minutes. Including the one they put in their own goal. Going out on a limb and saying they are the favorites in the Final.

It’s been CRAZY! Yeah I think so too man. I mean for me, they are without a doubt the strongest of the teams left.

That said, they usually seem to have bad luck in the champions league so it wouldn’t surprise me to see them lose at some point somehow.

InstaFrog

If Jonathan David follows the same development as Davies, even Canada is gonna start handing it to the US.
Why not, everyone else does.

US Soccer, and to a lesser extent uneducated US arrogance, led some to think we would be contenders in short order.

I had a conversation (pre-2010 World Cup) with a Dad, who’s son was going to an East Coast school on a soccer scholie, who told me the US would win the WC within the next 2-3 tournaments. This was over beers, and with him being a general ass-hat, I told him he didn’t know much about soccer. I said IF we overhauled US Soccer, MAYBE we’re competitive (top 5-6) in a generation.

Easiest $100 I ever made.

Chongo94

Why not, everyone else does.

US Soccer, and to a lesser extent uneducated US arrogance, led some to think we would be contenders in short order.

I had a conversation (pre-2010 World Cup) with a Dad, who’s son was going to an East Coast school on a soccer scholie, who told me the US would win the WC within the next 2-3 tournaments. This was over beers, and with him being a general ass-hat, I told him he didn’t know much about soccer. I said IF we overhauled US Soccer, MAYBE we’re competitive (top 5-6) in a generation.

Easiest $100 I ever made.

Haha wow. Yeah I thought back in 2000, that maybe in 40 years we MIGHT could do it.

Now though, the continued ineptitude of USSF, resigns me to be super cynical about it ever happening.

Chongo94

Sterling just, wow, such a bad miss.

Gotta give Lyon credit, they took their chances for sure.

Well, I’ll be happy with any of the remaining teams winning aside from PSG. I’d rather it were Leipzig or Lyon but Bayern winning won’t disturb me that much either.

Last edited:

dawg

Allez Lyon!

Me pulling up the Interwebs and checking the Lyon-City result:

200.gif

scheiss off, City.
I agree, anyone but PSG for the championship.

Yep. Another vote for #TeamAnyoneButPSG.