• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

hiphopfroggy

Very cool tweet. Bryan Reynolds just joined Roma for $8.5 million I believe.

Very excited about this signing as apparently everyone thought he was going to Juve. Got to imagine Texan owner Friedkin played a part in closing. Karsdorp is playing well but has a pretty bad injury history.

AS Roma, Texan owned and now with Texas players, from Fort Worth none the less. Best team in europe if you are Texan :p

Last edited:

Purp

Very excited about this signing as apparently everyone thought he was going to Juve. Got to imagine Texan owner Friedkin played a part in closing. Karsdorp is playing well but has a pretty bad injury history.

AS Roma, Texan owned and now with Texas players, from Fort Worth none the less. Best team in europe if you are Texan :p
If he'd have played I'd have preferred Juve simply bc my Saturdays are already stretched thin with U.S. internationals in Europe.

Purp

Pregame commentary was that left back was open. Guess they see Dest playing elsewhere? Maybe I heard them wrong.
Interesting that this article has Dest playing right back. Maybe I misunderstood the broadcast instead of you. I can't imagine Dest doesn't play on the left side, though, based on his quality there in the international window last fall and they way he paired so well with Gio. Plus, with Cannon, Yedlin, and Reynolds on the right side too the quality of depth over there for the next decade+ is maybe as good as any position in the player pool. I loved what I saw from Vines Sunday, but I don't think he'd be as good as Dest at left back or Cannon/Yedlin at right back.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/rey...dline-day-transfers/j2oafilinbl71266ecb2uqbbf

Purp

This is one of the linked articles from the previous articles I posted. Good look at the outside back youth, depth, and quality with remarks about the group from Dolo. Crazy to think we may have 5-6 guys at the 2026 WC playing outside back positions who are better than Steve was. If we can shore up that last center back spot next to Brooks our defense (recessed center mid in Adams, take your pick of studs on the back line, and several strong options in goal) could be really stunning. No more free passes down our left wing for opponents and no more free runs through the center of the park to eat up space and create dangerous chances. If we can just figure out how to score with regularity this group has unlimited potential. You can't miss out on this Yunus!

https://www.goal.com/en/news/dest-c...-of-weakness-became/1iby8ooayglj1x6o0lf1d1bvq

Purp

Hoppe just made a very impressive touch/trap against Leipzig to create a chance that was nullified by offsides.

The ball was lobbed in from the center circle and landed just outside the 18 around the side of the semi-circle. Off the short hop he pulled it across the semi-circle with the outside of his right foot. He was covered by two guys when the ball came down and instantly had 10 yards of space.

Best bit of skill I've seen from him. That was very creative and effective. If he'd been onside he would have had a great chance from 16 yards out with a great angle.

Purp

And not just Bayern..... Roma, Schalke/Juve, Boavista....
True. If they retained all these kids they might never surrender goals. Loads of back line talent from that program recently.

I expected Pomykal to be the next FCD prospect to make the jump. The amount of young talent in the American player pool is pretty stunning already and just keeps looking better.

Purp

Liverpool loses their 3rd in a row in the EPL today 3-1. Hmmmm.
Watched it this morning. Liverpool were the better team by a wide margin for 75 minutes. Then Leicester exploded aided largely by more Alisson blunders. Could have been 4 goals for the foxes in about 8 minutes if Vardy hadn't missed an easy one inside the 6 (brilliant save from Alisson to make up for one mistake).

Moose Stuff

True. If they retained all these kids they might never surrender goals. Loads of back line talent from that program recently.

I expected Pomykal to be the next FCD prospect to make the jump. The amount of young talent in the American player pool is pretty stunning already and just keeps looking better.

Hopefully this is just the beginning of what becomes the norm for us in terms of a deep and talented pool.

Chongo94

For those that have power and do not want to watch PSG vs Barca today, Galavision will be airing Liverpool vs Leipzig’s champions league game.