• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Same Ole Wiley

Bale to rejoin Spurs on loan. I can see why Madrid “supporters” hated him; I mean, all he did was score the winning goal in two Champions League Finals. In terms of [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]ty fanbases, that mob is right up there with Waco Rape Institute.

Spurs fans here: thoughts?

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...n-to-seal-spurs-loan-after-undergoing-medical

really excited for the investment in the club. Left back in from Madrid with Bale and word has it they will sign a back up striker and center back this window. If all that falls into place should be a much better season for Spurs than it looked just a few days ago.

dawg

Others are following ESPN's lead, unfortunately. Peacock (streaming) with NBCSN now basically has the "prime" EPL matches with the others relegated to regular NBCSN. It seems most leagues won't be immune from the streaming trends.

And that really is a shame, because part of the EPL's rise in popularity in the States has been NBC's stellar coverage on NBC and NBCSN. And It sucks that I'll miss, apparently, plenty of matches I'd otherwise have watched, because scheiss those [ mother farger ]s if they think I'm shelling out another $0.01 for any of their [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] streaming services.

Chongo94

And that really is a shame, because part of the EPL's rise in popularity in the States has been NBC's stellar coverage on NBC and NBCSN. And It sucks that I'll miss, apparently, plenty of matches I'd otherwise have watched, because scheiss those [ mother farger ]s if they think I'm shelling out another $0.01 for any of their [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] streaming services.

COMPLETELY AGREE!!

I only have espn+ because I got it through a Disney+ bundle. No way would I ever have gotten it by itself. And that’s how it will be with this Peacock nonsense, will never pay extra for that scheiss.

I feel like, although is possibly just wishful and hopeful thinking, that streaming will face a backlash because of junk like this within 10 years and it will all come back to where it was 5-10 years ago.

Eight

same with bundesligia on fox. you would have multiple games on a weekend, but now with espn basically controlling the market on soccer in america at the same time of the year they are having to find self space for other imports such as f1 and college and pro football there is too much content for the number of channels and i won't buy their scheissing app

Eight

COMPLETELY AGREE!!

I only have espn+ because I got it through a Disney+ bundle. No way would I ever have gotten it by itself.

And that’s how it will be with this Peacock nonsense.

I feel like, although is possibly just wishful and hopeful thinking, that streaming will face a backlash because of junk like this within 10 years and it will all come back to where it was. 5-10 years ago.

consider the backlash prime is getting for how they are releasing the boys as a weekly show instead of dropping all the episodes at once

will be very interesting to watch this shake out over time as i have been told netflix is basically trying to buy up all the content they can find right now and that is starting to some in england the wrong way as projects that would have gone to the bbc channels are now headed to netflix

Chongo94

consider the backlash prime is getting for how they are releasing the boys as a weekly show instead of dropping all the episodes at once

will be very interesting to watch this shake out over time as i have been told netflix is basically trying to buy up all the content they can find right now and that is starting to some in england the wrong way as projects that would have gone to the bbc channels are now headed to netflix

I hadn’t seen that, regarding the England stuff. Makes sense. I did see the Boys issue.
Yeah it seems as if all entities are doing this whole streaming biz very poorly now. I really do think (hope) a backlash is coming.

Eight

I hadn’t seen that, regarding the England stuff. Makes sense. I did see the Boys issue.
Yeah it seems as if all entities are doing this whole streaming biz very poorly now. I really do think (hope) a backlash is coming.

prime has been holding back the most recent episode of the grand tour now for a few months and i think in large part because of the lack of new content and not being sure when they will start getting new shows / episodes

Chongo94

prime has been holding back the most recent episode of the grand tour now for a few months and i think in large part because of the lack of new content and not being sure when they will start getting new shows / episodes

So that explains why it’s taking so long. I was wondering on that.

Chongo94

I’m starting to get the feeling Sargent May just be another Altidore for us albeit with all around better skills. He can do a lot of things pretty good, except score and well, as a forward, that’s pretty important at the end of the day.

I know he’s young but I think this is an important season for him to demonstrate some things cause I don’t have confidence in Werder’s coach lasting much longer and a new guy may not play Sargent as much.

tcujsauce

Haha I’m sure you did enjoy it to the fullest.

It wasn’t a total snooze fest but I’m sure any neutral probably tuned out after the 3rd or 4th goal.

yep. Unfortunately S04 are in a REALLY bad way lately. A Schalke in good form is good for the league, so they need to get their poop in a group.