• The KillerFrogs

2019 Season Ticket Upgrade Data

gdu

The current upgrade process even encourages reselling tickets. Say I have 2 tickets in a relatively decent area. I upgrade to 4. The additional 2 aren’t going to be near by current 2. I’m not going to bring my family and split us up, so I resell the new 2. The next year not enough people drop tickets for me to upgrade to getting all 4 together anywhere decent. I resell the newer 2 again. Maybe 4+ years down the line I get lucky and get 4 together where I’m relatively pleased.

I haven’t done this, but I could easily see myself doing it in the future. I get that TCU is trying to be fair, so that big donors aren’t upgrading to 50 seats or something. At the same time, if you adopt 2 kids and need 2 seats, you are out of luck at TCU.
This is true. We bought 2 club tix back in 2011. Had a couple of kids after that and couldn't add tix around us. So since then we have been buying 4 club tix and reselling our 2 club tix.

Not unique to TCU. Had the same problem with our tix at Texas and it was even worse there. They wanted us to up our donation for all of the seats rather than just the 2 new seats we were trying to add.

Common problem with no obvious solution.

tcumaniac

This is pretty interesting...

"Beginning with the 2019 season, the maximum number of tickets allowed to upgrade will be eight (8) seats."

Frog Island

Last year I picked early Wednesday. This year I pick 10:23 Thursday. Guess I’m getting passed up.

TCU's loyalty to ticket holders is a joke. Like you I've moved back every year the past 3-4 years. Both in rank and upgrade pick order. I guess I have to contribute money and blood to move up. Getting tired of it.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
TCU's loyalty to ticket holders is a joke. Like you I've moved back every year the past 3-4 years. Both in rank and upgrade pick order. I guess I have to contribute money and blood to move up. Getting tired of it.
Logically speaking, if the only thing you do is buy various season tickets, the majority of the people ahead of you are doing the same so you aren’t going to catch up. You need to do more than what most people do to jump ahead. It’s not disloyalty, it’s math.

narly1

Just for fun I started keeping track of my PP and Ranking starting in 2010. I am definitely not wealthy and guessing my giving level is average or even less than average (below Clark level).

Here is a sample of my levels.

2010 - PP 18 Rank 2018
2014 - PP 45 Rank 2195
2016 - PP 165 Rank 2049
2018- PP 222 Rank 2124
Current PP 247 Rank 2170

Upgrade is set for Wed 10:40

netty2424

Yah I used to get annoyed by it, but I don’t anymore. It’s a system that is designed to reward “what have you done for me lately” donations. It is what it is. I’m not interested in trying to compete for seating anymore, especially when I look across an isle and see people drinking cold booze and for some reason my money isn’t good enough for that. Sneak it in and save money.

And really I’m pretty happy with the seats I have now. Would I like to improve them, sure, but not unhappy with them as is. I’ll just spend the additional money elsewhere. The price to play here is getting too high, especially living out of town.

netty2424

Priority point estimate?
Honestly I don’t know. It’s not listed in the email with the time slot and every year I have to reset my password to get into my account because I pretty much log in once a year due to never remembering my password. Haven’t re-set it yet. I’m not high on the list though.

ticketfrog123

Honestly I don’t know. It’s not listed in the email with the time slot and every year I have to reset my password to get into my account because I pretty much log in once a year due to never remembering my password. Haven’t re-set it yet. I’m not high on the list though.

Picking on the 9th? You’re pretty high on the list...a week ahead of others

jake102

Logically speaking, if the only thing you do is buy various season tickets, the majority of the people ahead of you are doing the same so you aren’t going to catch up. You need to do more than what most people do to jump ahead. It’s not disloyalty, it’s math.

You would think a certain percentage of people ahead of you would give up tickets (just like people on this thread) and you would gradually move ahead, even if you are only renewing every single season.

ticketfrog123

You would think a certain percentage of people ahead of you would give up tickets (just like people on this thread) and you would gradually move ahead, even if you are only renewing every single season.

No, because people may have basketball or baseball tickets too and would move ahead of you if you only bought football.

They could also have more seats and get more renewal points.

The system is pretty clear for how you gain points. Making assumptions about hundreds of other PP frogs is a crapshoot.

jake102

No, because people may have basketball or baseball tickets too and would move ahead of you if you only bought football.

They could also have more seats and get more renewal points.

The system is pretty clear for how you gain points. Making assumptions about hundreds of other PP frogs is a crapshoot.

Yes, obviously. Was just pointing out the flaw in the simple argument that everybody ahead of you renews so you never move.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Yes, obviously. Was just pointing out the flaw in the simple argument that everybody ahead of you renews so you never move.
To be fair I did say “most.” There is probably also an equal number of people behind you that do something extra to gain ground. I’ve done the same thing for years and I stay pretty much in the same place.