• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

DW was a nice player for us for 4 years but not for one second did I ever think he’d play a down in the NFL. Never even considered the possibility. Some people are totally delusional in understanding how hard it is to become a millionaire playing the game. If you’re as small as he is, you almost have to have otherworldly quickness and speed, and he doesn’t.
Agreed. I don't know what's going on in his life and don't want to pile on but if this is what it's about, it is very misguided. I saw every game he played and it never once occurred to me that he was close to being a NFL player. He had a nice senior year but before that, he was pretty hit and miss as a P5 college player.

McFroggin

What does DW acting like a spoiled toddler have to do with recruiting again? Are there recruits that care about his drama and inability to make the NFL with incredibly subpar numbers?

CryptoMiner

From that UT site again:

Quick Hitters | Linebacker Recruiting
– Andrew King

There have been some questions in regards to linebacker recruiting in 2019. It’s a down year in the state of Texas at the position. Though Texas did land a Top five outside linebacker early in the process in De’Gabriel Floyd from California as well as Jones (FL) OLB Marcus Tillman Jr this past weekend. Here are some quick notes…

– The main linebacker in the state of Texas in 2019 is Cinco Ranch’s David Gbenda. He was expected to visit Texas this weekend, but it sounds like plans have changed. He will now likely be at TCU. The Horned Frogs have made this a 3-horse race between Texas-Texas A&M-TCU. We’ll see how things look after this weekend.

MTfrog5

From that UT site again:

Quick Hitters | Linebacker Recruiting
– Andrew King

There have been some questions in regards to linebacker recruiting in 2019. It’s a down year in the state of Texas at the position. Though Texas did land a Top five outside linebacker early in the process in De’Gabriel Floyd from California as well as Jones (FL) OLB Marcus Tillman Jr this past weekend. Here are some quick notes…

– The main linebacker in the state of Texas in 2019 is Cinco Ranch’s David Gbenda. He was expected to visit Texas this weekend, but it sounds like plans have changed. He will now likely be at TCU. The Horned Frogs have made this a 3-horse race between Texas-Texas A&M-TCU. We’ll see how things look after this weekend.
I won’t believe it until the kid is out of the car, on campus.

TCURiggs

I've analyzed the Des tweets/responses way more than I should've this evening, but I had some time to kill. It's comical to me how the only "players" that have liked his anti-TCU tweet are a few guys who never played but transferred out (Dashawn Raymond, Rocket Ishmail Jr, and one or two more), yet a bunch of others, who actually played/are going to play, have liked/tweeted/retweeted in GP/TCU's favor. I guess they're just lying, as Des said they would be if they didn't agree with him. Meanwhile, Des' anit-TCU tweet has a bunch of likes/retweets from Baylor/OU/UT fans. Unfortunate.

MTfrog5

I've analyzed the Des tweets/responses way more than I should've this evening, but I had some time to kill. It's comical to me how the only "players" that have liked his anti-TCU tweet are a few guys who never played but transferred out (Dashawn Raymond, Rocket Ishmail Jr, and one or two more), yet a bunch of others, who actually played/are going to play, have liked/tweeted/retweeted in GP/TCU's favor. I guess they're just lying, as Des said they would be if they didn't agree with him. Meanwhile, Des' anit-TCU tweet has a bunch of likes/retweets from Baylor/OU/UT fans. Unfortunate.
One person I saw that liked Fitch’s tweet was Aaron Green. First thing I remember seeing him like about something negative that has to do with KL or now White.