• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

Purp

For everyone that thinks TCU people are just stuck in the MWC mindset when kids get bumped based on certain schools.... this doesn’t help you’re arguement

If I were 247 I'd take the Rivals rankings out of the 247 composite rankings after this. Rivals is clearly a joke.

Eight

darwin barlow competed in the state powerlifting meet today in abilene taking 11th in his weight class (198 lbs) for division 3

darwin did post his highest total of the year of 1380 (475 squat, 325 bench press, and 580 squat)

i have no idea in darwin plans to run track for newton this spring or focus on getting ready for coming to tcu in june

asleep003

i have no idea in darwin plans to run track for newton this spring or focus on getting ready for coming to tcu in june

He better focus on football, that is if he wants to be in the 3-4 back rotation … while competing against another very formidable Fr running back. Or maybe he wants to run track and increase his chances of red shirting.

McFroggin

He better focus on football, that is if he wants to be in the 3-4 back rotation … while competing against another very formidable Fr running back. Or maybe he wants to run track and increase his chances of red shirting.

Just by signing, he is in the 4 back rotation. Without a lot of development, one of our backs was brought in as a space holder due to missing on high school recruits.

CryptoMiner

Suggesting that a kid running track in HS is somehow not focused on football is ridiculous. Why the hell can’t he do both? I’d love to see a number on how many kids have played as true freshman at TCU after running track the previous spring. I bet it’s a big number.

And especially since Daimarqua Foster is running track for Hirschi this spring.

Working on your speed is never a bad thing.

SnoSki

Specializing in a sport before college is becoming less recommended by college coaches as the years go by. Schloss tweets about this all the time.

Froggish

What would Darwin do in the off season to focus on football that wouldn’t include a bunch of sprints?...Kids been lifting like crazy and now he’s going to work on his speed and stamina...I don’t get it

Eight

What would Darwin do in the off season to focus on football that wouldn’t include a bunch of sprints?...Kids been lifting like crazy and now he’s going to work on his speed and stamina...I don’t get it

not uncommon for kids to drop weight when they run track in the spring

as far as what would he do besides lifting and sprinting?

the various agility drills, catching passes, etc.....

Eight

Suggesting that a kid running track in HS is somehow not focused on football is ridiculous. Why the hell can’t he do both? I’d love to see a number on how many kids have played as true freshman at TCU after running track the previous spring. I bet it’s a big number.

he can do both, but as i said in the reply for froggish it isn't uncommon for kids to drop weight preparing for sprints.