• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Meanwhile in Oklahoma...

Top-ranked Broken Arrow and No. 5 Sand Springs both pushed their way into the Class 6A dual state semifinals with wins Friday...

Broken Arrow rolled past Edmond Deer Creek 42-11...

Three-time defending state champion Zach Marcheselli wrestled at 285 for the first time this season and responded with a pin just 53 seconds into his match...

PO Frog

Meanwhile in Oklahoma...

Top-ranked Broken Arrow and No. 5 Sand Springs both pushed their way into the Class 6A dual state semifinals with wins Friday...

Broken Arrow rolled past Edmond Deer Creek 42-11...

Three-time defending state champion Zach Marcheselli wrestled at 285 for the first time this season and responded with a pin just 53 seconds into his match...
Is 285 a typo or do I not understand weight classes for wrestling?

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Is 285 a typo or do I not understand weight classes for wrestling?

Here are the match results for BA...the weight classes are indicated.

195: Savage (DC) d. Potter, 9-2; 220: Cortes (BA) d. Johnson, 11-4; 285: Marcheselli (BA) p. Sexton, 0:53; 106: B.Cockrell (BA) d. Knapp, 9-3; 113: J.Cockrell (BA) d. Gilbert, 5-3; 120: Hill (BA) md. Story, 15-4; 126: Perez (BA) d. Manion, 10-7; 132: Gonzalez (BA) d. Robinson, 4-3; 138: Wright (DC) d. Moores, 11-6; 145: Lugafet (DC) d. martin, 4-1; 152: Trigg (DC) d. Maturino, 6-0; 160: Rozell (BA) tf. Williams, 17-1; 170: Mattioda (BA) p. Wells, 0:18; 182: Skillings (BA) p. Guerra, 3:58.

The weight classes used today are far different from back in my high school days...

helcap

Here is the results for the other kid from Broken Arrow whose signing ceremony was posted a bit earlier in the thread. Should have kept his shirt on.

The heavily-favored Tigers were stunned in the first match when University of Kansas football signee Gavin Potter, a two-time state champion, was upset at 195 pounds, 9-2 by Carson Savage.

Ray Finkle

So how much did the kid weigh that he beat?
I’ll take 265 lbs of muscle over a 285 lbs butterball. I had a friend who was a cut 275 lbs wrestling at 275 max heavyweight. It was always a joke to see how “long” his matches went. These lardasses would try to muscle him and he’d just shoot a single or double leg and do a 5-point move. Needless to say, he didn’t go into the second period until the state finals.

He went on to have a successful career on the OL at a Big XII school.

Billy Clyde

Here is the results for the other kid from Broken Arrow whose signing ceremony was posted a bit earlier in the thread. Should have kept his shirt on.

The heavily-favored Tigers were stunned in the first match when University of Kansas football signee Gavin Potter, a two-time state champion, was upset at 195 pounds, 9-2 by Carson Savage.

Brah didn't know it, but Karma had him on speed dial.

Purp

Never been to Newton but Gladewater kid making fun of anything is pretty comical
No kidding. I drive through Gladewater to go to my grandmother's house in Longview. The town has a "loop" so I guess they think they're big time. It's really nothing more than a 1 mile bypass to totally avoid the town.