• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

CryptoMiner

Wow....What a piece of &;&;&

I still don't get the issue. They hire a guy to get him a scholly (Cole doesn't look like he is D1 material to start) and he gets a D2 but then possible D1 PWO but he wants to be paid if it happens. Seriously did they think it was pro bono?

CryptoMiner

What Ron said. So again..... who are the “so many” PWO kickers that became legitimate starters and didn’t get a scholarship? Whoever they are they haven’t been our starter since prior to Ross Evans and admittedly I can’t even name any kickers prior to that other than Nick Browne and Michael Reeder. One of those two is a poster on this board and could perhaps shed some light on the discussion.
We were talking about PWO players and you mentioned scholly players as FR so didn't get your point.

I hope he gets an offer. Not sure why you are blasting me but if you know one PWO kicker who ever got a scholly as a fr or soph or ever from this staff please let me know.

We are hoping for the same thing just mentioning the long shot of it happening.

MTfrog5

I still don't get the issue. They hire a guy to get him a scholly (Cole doesn't look like he is D1 material to start) and he gets a D2 but then possible D1 PWO but he wants to be paid if it happens. Seriously did they think it was pro bono?
His job as a trainer is to make him better. He doesn’t get extra just by getting a kid a PWO. They are already paying him to be their trainer

Last edited:

CryptoMiner

His job as a trainer is to make him better. He doesn’t get extra just by getting a kid a PWO. They are already paying him to be thier trainer

Okay. But does the PWO happen without his efforts? And still not sure who this is that we are talking about. Was his efforts limited to just training or did he accompany him on trips to schools?

Footwork King definitely takes players on trips to programs which I would think is well beyond training.

MTfrog5

Okay. But does the PWO happen without his efforts? And still not sure who this is that we are talking about. Was his efforts limited to just training or did he accompany him on trips to schools?

Footwork King definitely takes players on trips to programs which I would think is well beyond training.
He is literally a street agent if you pay him more money by getting a scholarship outside of his training services. His job as a trainer is to prepare athletes for the next level. He trains kids that don’t make it to big time schools but he doesn’t give a [ Finebaum ] about them since he didn’t get more money from them. If you think that’s wrong, go to his page and see if you see any JUCO or D2 athletes

CryptoMiner

He is literally a street agent if you pay him more money by getting a scholarship outside of his training services. His job as a trainer is to prepare athletes for the next level. He trains kids that don’t make it to big time schools but he doesn’t give a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] about them since he didn’t get more money from them. If you think that’s wrong, go to his page and see if you see any JUCO or D2 athletes

Not really defending the guy but seriously he goes well beyond the training and is licensed. You can complain about it but NCAA basketball is commonplace for this and football it is the new norm.

You said they paid him for training but you know they expected more and he worked for it well within NCAA guidelines.

Training kids who never make it is not his problem. parents have unrealistic expectations and his fees are well within normal pricing. He puts in the work, its not his fault kids don't make it. However his success rate is better than most so he does OK.

Do you really think kids rely on their HS coaches solely to get them to the next level? seriously you can't believe that in any college sport. Name the sport and I guarantee the trainers are more involved in the recruiting than any of their school coaches.

Ron Swanson

We were talking about PWO players and you mentioned scholly players as FR so didn't get your point.

I hope he gets an offer. Not sure why you are blasting me but if you know one PWO kicker who ever got a scholly as a fr or soph or ever from this staff please let me know.

I think this situation is different (or at least might be). I think this kid is considered scholarship-worthy by the staff, but the timing is wrong with Song still having a year left. The staff doesn’t want to dedicate two scholarships to kickers at the same time, so maybe they asked him to walk-on now with the understanding that after Song leaves, he will get a scholarship.

We normally only offer a kicker when the previous one is graduating, but this opportunity presented itself and instead of just biting the bullet and offering this kid now, the staff is trying to eat their cake and have it too.

At least that’s my theory

froginmn

I think this situation is different (or at least might be). I think this kid is considered scholarship-worthy by the staff, but the timing is wrong with Song still having a year left. The staff doesn’t want to dedicate two scholarships to kickers at the same time, so maybe they asked him to walk-on now with the understanding that after Song leaves, he will get a scholarship.

We normally only offer a kicker when the previous one is graduating, but this opportunity presented itself and instead of just biting the bullet and offering this kid now, the staff is trying to eat their cake and have it too.

Liked for rare correct use of "eat their cake and have it too".

MTfrog5

Not really defending the guy but seriously he goes well beyond the training and is licensed. You can complain about it but NCAA basketball is commonplace for this and football it is the new norm.

You said they paid him for training but you know they expected more and he worked for it well within NCAA guidelines.

Training kids who never make it is not his problem. parents have unrealistic expectations and his fees are well within normal pricing. He puts in the work, its not his fault kids don't make it. However his success rate is better than most so he does OK.

Do you really think kids rely on their HS coaches solely to get them to the next level? seriously you can't believe that in any college sport. Name the sport and I guarantee the trainers are more involved in the recruiting than any of their school coaches.
You’ll be damned if I pay my kids trainer more just because they got a scholarship or PWO. I payed them to train them and by them getting better it would open the door for a scholarship. That is his job. Anything beyond that is a street agent. $8,000 more outside of the initial training cost for a PWO? What the hell does he get for a recruit going to Bama?? You seriously think that’s part of his training certification?

Moose Stuff

I’m not blasting you. You told me that “so many” PWO kickers had become starters in the past without getting a scholly and I’m asking you to tell me who they are.

Ron Swanson

Liked for rare correct use of "eat their cake and have it too".
giphy.gif

Peacefrog

Degenerate

Has anyone ever seen crypto and footwork king in the same place at the same time?

Makes sense. I know Song was a freshman when Oberkrom was a senior. I don't recall if it was similar to this or he got a scholarship right away? However it happens, I hope he makes on campus so they have a year to decide if he is the guy to settle the kicking position or they need to keep looking.

netty2424

You’ll be damned if I pay my kids trainer more just because they got a scholarship or PWO. I payed them to train them and by them getting better it would open the door for a scholarship. That is his job. Anything beyond that is a street agent. $8,000 more outside of the initial training cost for a PWO? What the hell does he get for a recruit going to Bama?? You seriously think that’s part of his training certification?
So I fully understand this, is he:

A) hitting the kids dad up for additional compensation that was not previously discussed with the parents after the kid received, and/or accepted a PWO? Or

B) reiterating compensation that was discussed when he started working out with TFK, 4 years ago that’s now coming to fruition based on the outcome? Inventive based compensation?

I’m not sure that text states that specifically, does it? I feel like that can be explained pretty easily in either direction really.

Not saying it doesn’t come off as shady, but being framed in a tweet from a guy that’s clearly got a beef with him doesn’t exactly paint a good picture.

Hard to imagine he’d be so dumb to put something like that in a text with malicious intent. But then again, maybe he is.

CryptoMiner

You should have paid your english teacher a little more.

What Up Toad

So I fully understand this, is he:

A) hitting the kids dad up for additional compensation that was not previously discussed with the parents after the kid received, and/or accepted a PWO? Or

B) reiterating compensation that was discussed when he started working out with TFK, 4 years ago that’s now coming to fruition based on the outcome? Inventive based compensation?

I’m not sure that text states that specifically, does it? I feel like that can be explained pretty easily in either direction really.

Not saying it doesn’t come off as shady, but being framed in a tweet from a guy that’s clearly got a beef with him doesn’t exactly paint a good picture.

Hard to imagine he’d be so dumb to put something like that in a text with malicious intent. But then again, maybe he is.

I'm not sure there's anything wrong with what he's doing in the text. He's basically saying, "I can market your kid to UT and if he gets a PWO offer, you owe me $8,000."

However, the allegations are that he also goes to the other side for his top prospects and says, "I can get 5* Joe to come to visit for $2,000," or "5* Joe is really favoring OSU; I can convince him to commit to you for $15,000."

And if those schools are paying that money to make sure a trainer is willing and able to chauffeur their prospects to the school, how much is the school paying the kids and their family?