• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

Moose Stuff

lol . . . Arkansas beat TCU in FW, then lost the next season in Arkansas but I guess the ONLY game that mattered was he second one. Never mind how Arkansas hos OWNED the Frogs for decades.

Yes - it's true that Bielema left the program in shambles - but he's gone now. The proof is in the pudding, so we won't know for 2-3 years what we really have (NO one will), but this class we started signing today appears to be one of the best in Arkansas' history. This is EXACTLY why we hired Morris - his Texas ties run deep, and his recruiting pedigree goes back to the days when Clemson was starting to build what they are today.

Listen - I've always liked TCU as one of the schools other than Arkansas that I pull for. I have a LOT of respect for the program Gary has built in Fort Worth, and i enjoy watching his teams play. That said, I won't stand by idly while some no-nothing bad-mouths' my Hogs. Are they down now? You bet (so is TCU, by the way). Are they going to stay there? History says they will not. Bad news is that the SEC West is THE alpha division in all of college football, so they may improve dramatically and only be 2nd or 3rd in that division. But that doesn't mean it's a mistake for ANY player to look at them. You can rationalize that if you lose someone you want to them, but that doesn't make it fact.

Yeah...... so we’ve finished in the top 10 three of the last 5 years so not much “down” for us.

lol . . . Arkansas beat TCU in FW, then lost the next season in Arkansas but I guess the ONLY game that mattered was he second one. Never mind how Arkansas hos OWNED the Frogs for decades.

Yes - it's true that Bielema left the program in shambles - but he's gone now. The proof is in the pudding, so we won't know for 2-3 years what we really have (NO one will), but this class we started signing today appears to be one of the best in Arkansas' history. This is EXACTLY why we hired Morris - his Texas ties run deep, and his recruiting pedigree goes back to the days when Clemson was starting to build what they are today.

Listen - I've always liked TCU as one of the schools other than Arkansas that I pull for. I have a LOT of respect for the program Gary has built in Fort Worth, and i enjoy watching his teams play. That said, I won't stand by idly while some no-nothing bad-mouths' my Hogs. Are they down now? You bet (so is TCU, by the way). Are they going to stay there? History says they will not. Bad news is that the SEC West is THE alpha division in all of college football, so they may improve dramatically and only be 2nd or 3rd in that division. But that doesn't mean it's a mistake for ANY player to look at them. You can rationalize that if you lose someone you want to them, but that doesn't make it fact.

I could respond, but I don't care. I like Chad Morris and his fire but his future is sitting at 4th or 5th in the west every year and that's reality. I root for Arkansas to beat Saban and Jimbo and Orgeron and Malzahn but they all cheat because Saban has set the pace and the others are trying to keep up. Chad Morris is not, at least I think not. And they all crushed Arkansas every year and bring in recruiting classes that crush Arkansas talent even your best class this season.

With the defensive lines and the linebackers of the SEC west alone I just don't see much success for Darwin at Arkansas. I see Chad Morris having to trick up plays just to get yardage and shifting lineman, etc. He will be done in 3 or 4 years and then Arkansas will get a Saban coach to do what all these other SEC team do.

And yes TCU and Arkansas is down this year, but TCU did make a bowl game which the Razorbacks did not. TCU has a chance to have a winning record, Arkansas does not. TCUs challenges came from injuries, Arkansas trouble came from talent and coaching first time in SEC. This recruiting cycle TCU is third in recruiting behind OU and UT. It's also the reason I think Arkansas if they could jump to the Big 12 should. Big 12 is looking for another flagship university and Arkansas would have better success in our conference. But money is too good in the SEC so it will never happen. So for the forseable future Arkansas is stuck behind Bama, A&M, LSU, Auburn , and that MSU coach is as dynamic or more over Arkansas. So probably be behind them.

froginmn

SinfulAstonishingIndochinahogdeer-small.gif

flyfishingfrog

Um, what is the highest finish the Hogs have ever had in the SEC?

Your ceiling is 5th at best with Morris and that will take a miracle on ice

MinFrog

So UT had a highly rated class, but in order, here are there top rated players: OT, WR, ILB, WR, CB, TE, WR, S, S, QB, RB, ILB, OLB.

So of their top 13, one (and he is a really good one) plays on the line. Compare that to Bama who has 5 of their top 6 on the line.

I really like our line haul this year. It isn't bama quality, but it is a big step in the right direction.

Moose Stuff

So UT had a highly rated class, but in order, here are there top rated players: OT, WR, ILB, WR, CB, TE, WR, S, S, QB, RB, ILB, OLB.

So of their top 13, one (and he is a really good one) plays on the line. Compare that to Bama who has 5 of their top 6 on the line.

I really like our line haul this year. It isn't bama quality, but it is a big step in the right direction.

Totally agree on UT.... and I believe they did similar last year too.

FrogLifeYo

As I said before..the goal should be for us to try and close the gap in the trenches. Beyond QB position, I have never worried about us getting the most out of skill players. Skill players are only as good as the scheme they run. We can win a title if we can get bigger and more athletic on the interior lines. That’s where we got to put league on notice

Mean Purple

Um, what is the highest finish the Hogs have ever had in the SEC?

Your ceiling is 5th at best with Morris and that will take a miracle on ice
Their best finish was when Nutt had the SEC west title 3 times, and they were dumb enough to be such [rod gilmores] to him that he decided to leave what he built and go to ole miss. The springdale mom's club really set them back. They thought they would get Gus, and they got the moral train wreck known as Bobby P.
Now they are a dumpster fire. I actually like to follow the Hogs, have since a kid, but if anyone thinks Morris is gonna turn that around, they are nuts. His style won't work there. Arky is a blunt force trauma run team. Hogs can't even defend the Rock well anymore. At least Morris knows the importance of War Memorial. Fat Bret wanted to quit playing games there. Talk about not understanding the people of Arkansas.

Mean Purple

A. Enjoy your national recruiting trophy, it will make up for the lack of bowl wins.
B. Dabo is the one who created and built what Clemson is. Dabo ran that show.
C. Well, alphas, UCF says hello.

Uncle_Frog

100% agree, Oberkrom was money and literally kept us in the Alamo Bowl game vs. Ducks. We took it for granted inside of 50....now I close my eyes on extra points.
Don't forget the game winner at WVU, too. I think it was 40 yards or so but if he missed that kick TCUs 16-game win streak would have ended much sooner. He won several games for us in college and was far more valuable than the 11th safety on scholarship imo.