• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

Moose Stuff

This week's update:

2. Zach Marcheselli

Broken Arrow, LB, Sr. (2)

TCU commit had four solo tackles with one sack, five assists and a fumble recovery in a 35-7 win at Edmond Santa Fe in a showdown of 6AI’s last two undefeated teams. Also had three rushes for 19 yards and a TD. For 2018, he has 37 solos, including eight for losses, 25 assists and four QB hurries.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsex...cle_15816aeb-8e2d-5769-84a7-16dedf7d3c23.html

I expect all updates to just say “decommitted” at this point.

MAcFroggy

247 is like a ghost town today. Bizarre how little traffic that site gets at times.

Agreed. I really like JC, but the board itself is pretty boring. Not a ton of traffic.

On top of that, I have a few issues with the entire 247 site at the moment (mostly with national people). They want people to pay for their content, but then they have national and regional contributors openly talking about watching PPV games on twitch, re-watching olds games on youtube as opposed to paying for them, etc. If you rely on your customers subscribing to your content and hope they do not spread the information for free, then I would think they would practice more what they preach.

So for those who worry about spreading information to non-subscribers, people at 247 do not really have much problem getting things for free that they should otherwise pay for.

netty2424

Agreed. I really like JC, but the board itself is pretty boring. Not a ton of traffic.

On top of that, I have a few issues with the entire 247 site at the moment (mostly with national people). They want people to pay for their content, but then they have national and regional contributors openly talking about watching PPV games on twitch, re-watching olds games on youtube as opposed to paying for them, etc. If you rely on your customers subscribing to your content and hope they do not spread the information for free, then I would think they would practice more what they preach.

So for those who worry about spreading information to non-subscribers, people at 247 do not really have much problem getting things for free that they should otherwise pay for.
I guess I’ve missed that. But I don’t really dig into threads over there as often so not surprising.

Eight

curious if we see any offers go out to juco guards

i know the track record has been spotty for juco offensive linemen, but frogs are thin on the current roster at that position, only one high school recruit at this time in brown, and an older player might not be a bad thing to add at the position

Moose Stuff

Not sure how in the mix we are but know we have some interest and given the current status of our WR recruits I would assume that interest may pick up.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
I expect all updates to just say “decommitted” at this point.

Way to go, Moose. You've jinxed us...

"Broken Arrow coach David Alexander stood over his team and jokingly gave them Friday off from school — already a day off on the academic calendar. But then, he gave the Tigers the weekend off to a loud, collective cheer.

They certainly earned it after Thursday night’s 56-3 domination of Yukon.

Even without standout linebacker Zach Marcheselli, the defense created short fields for the offense and points for themselves..."

https://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsex...cle_f3062760-fcc7-5222-ac2d-989f734ecc4d.html

Wexahu

At this point it's more important that our 2016, 2017 and 2018 classes pan out than who we sign in 2019. We need to win some games. Recruiting success is important but at times it almost seems like fans worry more about winning these little recruiting battles than they do winning on Saturday.

CountryFrog

At this point it's more important that our 2016, 2017 and 2018 classes pan out than who we sign in 2019. We need to win some games. Recruiting success is important but at times it almost seems like fans worry more about winning these little recruiting battles than they do winning on Saturday.
Amen to all this. Recruiting obsession has become an epidemic among college football fans everywhere imo.

This is a recruiting thread, though, so in here that's what you're going to get.