2019 Recruiting Thread Part II Poll

2019 Recruiting Thread Part II

• Yes

Votes: 56 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 21 27.3%

• Total voters

What Up Toad

I don't understand the benefit of a second thread.

Last year, the issue was that people kept posting in the old thread as well as the new and there wasn't a hard distinction between the two in practice.

For example, if someone wanted to post an update about the Newton trio, which thread do you put it in? Foster has signed but the other two haven't. And then if you post it in the old thread and someone starts talking about Brown, the two threads have become effectively the same.

If the intent is to retire the old one, then the only benefit is that the new thread is shorter. All info about 2019 recruits still gets funneled into the new thread, and I'm not sure a shorter thread is much of a benefit at all. The SurlyHorns' recruiting thread is over 700 pages at this point and it works because all of the 2019 info gets consolidated in one place.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
No way. Automatic infield fly. That guy could have been great, but hitting a homerun may have been the worst thing that ever happened to him.
Infield pop fly and then hanging head like a guy who just got the death penalty as his sentence.

Frog-in-law1995

Scott Fletcher is gonna be pissed.

I hit in a rotation with Fletcher and Petralli one day at the old batting barn on division a thousand years ago. Both really good dudes. Also ran into Jeff Frye at Golden Triangle bowl in HS. He was traaaaaashed. Buddy of mine recognized him and said, “hey, aren’t you...Benji Gil?” He looked so defeated.

Moose Stuff

I hit in a rotation with Fletcher and Petralli one day at the old batting barn on division a thousand years ago. Both really good dudes. Also ran into Jeff Frye at Golden Triangle bowl in HS. He was traaaaaashed. Buddy of mine recognized him and said, “hey, aren’t you...Benji Gil?” He looked so defeated.

Jeff being trashed would not be uncommon.

Bruce Berry

Will there be one for grad transfers? We are heading down a slippery slope.

I'm generally confused anyway, this all may be too much. I vote no and submit back the balance of my time.