• The KillerFrogs

2019 NCAA Super Regional Thread

Purp

Wow. Michigan LF dropped the 3rd out in the top of the 9th to keep it tied at 3. Scored the runner from 2nd for a 4-3 deficit. Was hoping to see Michigan win this in the bottom half so I could go to bed. Instead they wet the bed.

TooColdU

Wow. Michigan LF dropped the 3rd out in the top of the 9th to keep it tied at 3. Scored the runner from 2nd for a 4-3 deficit. Was hoping to see Michigan win this in the bottom half so I could go to bed. Instead they wet the bed.

It looked like he tracked the ball pretty good but he went too much into foul territory. Unfortunately it took a sudden turn at the end.

Would love to see Michigan walk it off. Hope they keep the deficit at 1

Purp

It looked like he tracked the ball pretty good the whole and it unfortunately took a sudden turn at the end.

Would love to see Michigan walk it off. Hope they keep the deficit at 1
He definitely tracked it well, but I don't think the ball drifted on him. I think he over ran the ball slightly on purpose to ensure he had space away from the wall then drifted back for the easy catch. Then he just gave it the ol' T-rex arm with his glove hand. If he was prepared to catch that with both hands it doesn't get dropped.

This is getting dicey for Michigan on the mound after that faux pas.

Purp

Excellent. Michigan plays great technical offense in the 9th. Lead off double followed by a sac bunt and a sac fly to score him. Tie game with 2 down.

ETA: Michigan almost walked it off with a 2 run dinger. Another foot and it's game over. I've got to crash. Hope the Wolverines pull it out.

Last edited:

TooColdU

Excellent. Michigan plays great technical offense in the 9th. Lead off double followed by a sac bunt and a sac fly to score him. Tie game with 2 down.

ETA: Michigan almost walked it off with a 2 run dinger. Another foot and it's game over. I've got to crash. Hope the Wolverines pull it out.

It sounded like a walk-off when he hit it. All that damn LA Smog kept it in.

Purp

Top of the 11th is insane.

Full on TCU defensive meltdown for Michigan to start the inning. Lead off routine grounder to 2nd pulls the 1st baseman off the bag with a throwing error. Next batter hits a hot shot to 3rd for a 5-4-3 DP, but the 3B sends the ball into RF. Not even within 15 feet of the 2nd baseman.

But that's not the only error on the play. the RF overruns the ball backing up the play and that moves the runner from 1st to 2nd. So 3 errors on 2 batters puts runners onn2nd and 3rd with no outs. Intentional walk loads the bases.

Then UCLA hits another hot shot to 3rd. The runner on 3rd thought the 3B caught it so he stayed on the bag. But it was a short hop so the 3B tagged the runner on 3rd and then stepped on the bag for an unassisted double play. Routine grounder to 2nd ends the inning.

Stunningly, UCLA seems to be putting a shut down inning together after that. 2 up 2 down so far.

Last edited:

TooColdU

Top of the 11th is insane.

Just really bad luck for UCLA. The double play ball was smoked and fortunately, for Michigan, it wasn’t caught on a line.

Then the ump calls ball 4 a strike. Oh well.

Don’t go to sleep yet Purp. Going to the 12th

Last edited: