• The KillerFrogs

2019 MLB Thread

Get over it, Mike. It's the big leagues. It's a business.

The team needs to get over it too. You don't like it, play better. Sure, Leclerc cost them about 4 games early in the season but dumbass baseball has cost them more. Odor had two chances to be a hero in the Houston series and struck out both times when both times only a basic basehit was needed. It took two chances on the Friday game to win it and they had two chances in Saturday's game and failed both times. Bottom line is there are guys busting their asses and playing well but there's guys not carrying their weight and there doesn't appear anyone in the clubhouse keeping them accountable. I thought with Beltre gone we'd see Elvis step into that role but it's quite clear with Odor and Mazara, the two guys he'd have the most influence over, having the years they are having that he's not ready to lead this team.

Rougie wants to use a heavy-ass bat but he can't catch up to the average MLB fastball with his desired launch angle. This is now a 3-year problem.

As for Mazara, his ass loafed after a ball his 20 feet to his right in a blowout, turning a simple basehit into a triple. That alone should have resulted in him spending some time in Nashville. He wouldn't have liked it, but again, this is a business, get over it. You don't like it, then stop being a 20-hr guy. You can find a bucket full of guys off the scrap heap who can hit 20 homeruns in today's game. When you start playing to your potential then you can stay.

MTfrog5

Get over it, Mike. It's the big leagues. It's a business.

The team needs to get over it too. You don't like it, play better. Sure, Leclerc cost them about 4 games early in the season but dumbass baseball has cost them more. Odor had two chances to be a hero in the Houston series and struck out both times when both times only a basic basehit was needed. It took two chances on the Friday game to win it and they had two chances in Saturday's game and failed both times. Bottom line is there are guys busting their asses and playing well but there's guys not carrying their weight and there doesn't appear anyone in the clubhouse keeping them accountable. I thought with Beltre gone we'd see Elvis step into that role but it's quite clear with Odor and Mazara, the two guys he'd have the most influence over, having the years they are having that he's not ready to lead this team.

Rougie wants to use a heavy-ass bat but he can't catch up to the average MLB fastball with his desired launch angle. This is now a 3-year problem.

As for Mazara, his ass loafed after a ball his 20 feet to his right in a blowout, turning a simple basehit into a triple. That alone should have resulted in him spending some time in Nashville. He wouldn't have liked it, but again, this is a business, get over it. You don't like it, then stop being a 20-hr guy. You can find a bucket full of guys off the scrap heap who can hit 20 homeruns in today's game. When you start playing to your potential then you can stay.
Mazara and Odor sucked when Beltre was here too so not sure how that’s Elvis’s fault

hometown frog

I was hoping that w Woody coming on as Skip the data would help drive Rougie and Mazara to where they needed to go. (Improvement or the minors). Hasn’t happened yet and it’s costing the Rangers ballgames.

As a former ballplayer I LOVE Boone’s rant. You get a coach that battles like that for his guys and it’s a rally point for the team. I can promise you the Savage comment will stick in that clubhouse this season.