• The KillerFrogs

2019 Football Regular Season Predictions

Salfrog

Tier 1
7-5, Cumbie still hasn't proven he can develop a QB & be an effective gameday playcaller. Hope this year he proves he can do both and we have a great year

tcumaniac

If TCU goes anything less than 9-3 this year, there will be messy times ahead in Fort Worth.

No excuse not to compete for a league championship with the amount of talent we have, and the amount of coach turnover in the Big 12 this year (4 new coaches).

Iowa State on the road during the first half of the season certainly poses a threat, especially with their sophomore QB that emerged last season. Thankfully it shouldn't be terrible weather yet on October 5th. Frogs should win this game, but it's one of a handful of games that make me nervous.

Texas is technically a threat, but darn them. We get them in FW and Gary and Co. will be out for revenge after last year. Texas is our biitch, and we will prove that last year was an exception, not the new norm.

As always, especially during the years where OSU and OU are both on the road, the two Oklahoma schools pose the biggest challenge imo.

I view Oklahoma State as a 50/50 game, and OU in Norman as a likely loss. We're in an age where wins in Norman are extreme rarities.

Studying the schedule, and optimistically assuming we find ourselves a competent QB, Frogs should be 9-3 or better.

jake102

If TCU goes anything less than 9-3 this year, there will be messy times ahead in Fort Worth.

Not necessarily 8-4 will call for "messy times" but I generally agree it's not great. You put yourself in a bad spot when you miss on QB after QB. Sawyer, Muehl, Wooten, Robinson, Rogers (not a "miss" yet, but have to prepare due to the injury).

Thankfully we got Hill as a transfer (maybe Collins also). I may eat some major crow on this, but having to resort to Delton in the transfer market is a bad deal. Fortunately we got Baldwin, but doubtful he contributes this year.

Froggish

QB is still the biggest concern but can it get worst then last season? I just can’t see any rational reason why the offense won’t be improved. Will it be good? I don’t know about that, but it should be better considering the talent level and a much more experienced offensive line. I have my doubts that we have any QBs that can elevate us, but I think we can find a game manager at the position and that should be good enough for 8-9 wins...

ticketfrog123

Here’s how I view the conference right now

Tier 1: OU
Tier 2: ISU / Texas / TCU
Tier 3: Baylor / TTU / WVU
Tier 4: OKST
Tier 5: K-State and Kansas

WVU is the biggest question mark with OU QB transfer (Kendall?) a big part of that.

pgdaly84

9-3. We proved in 2017 that we can compete for the conference title with an elite D, solid run game, and a game manager at QB. I think our turnovers are bound to come back toward the mean after a year where we were near the bottom. That alone gets us a couple extra wins in last year’s losses. Just need our QB to not be a turnover machine, and 8-9 wins is very possible. We’ll need elite QB play to beat OU though, and I just don’t see anyone we have on the roster being elite this year, either due to youth/inexperience or lack of talent.