• The KillerFrogs

2019 Football Regular Season Predictions

LeagueCityFrog

Max and Alex will both play on Saturday and Coach P will see who moves the offense more effectively under live fire. My guess...Alex starts since he's a 5th year senior. Nothing will be really decided until either the Purdue or Iowa State game, so it doesn't really matter. Gary is going to want the hottest hand under center to win that UT home game and then it's on.

Regardless, our defense will be stacked with killas. I hope we lead the the US in takeaways this year then we kill opposing teams with Sewo running right and Darius "The Jet" running left and bombs to Reagor.

Game week! Let's Go Frogs!

ATC Frog

I’ve been waffling between 8 and 9 wins as my prediction since last week. Was kinda waiting for the presser today before I made my decision.

Put me down for 9-3.

Not sure where the losses happen, but thankfully I don’t need to predict each game for this thread, just the overall record.

82 Frog Fever

10-2. Delton will greatly limit the offensive mistakes that ended most of our drives last year, and if the defense stays healthy, they will be killers. Consistent offensive production and a killer defense, they gonna be good.

puckster59

I think there’s a very fine line between 9-3 and 7-5 or even 6-6. The kicking game usually will win or lose two games. If it’s the latter, 7-5 happens.

texas_sicilian

Not going to make a prediction, but I will say that I’m very bullish on this team.

That said, we are razor thin at LB and CB, and one or two injuries could really hurt us.

I recently had a discussion with a UT buddy of mine along those lines.

Basically said that TCU always seems to be a player/injury or two away from either being very dominant, or scrambling to stay afloat.

Hard to really argue that. We have a lot of talent, we just don’t have as much depth as others

Horny4TCU

Have we learned to bench a bad QB? Have we learned to run north & south? Have we learned to not drop passes?

If the answer is yes to all three, my prediction is wrong. If not, I'm pretty confident in my guess.

I'm concerned about whether we can achieve consistently above average QB play and with the lack of apparent depth at CB and LB. Otherwise, there is enough talent so that I'm going to stop waffling and lean optimistic. I'll say 10-2.

ticketfrog123

WVU 47 TCU 10. You guys are confident you are 38 points better than 2018

I’m more confident you’re 38 points worse given you don’t have a defense (1 scholarship DB?) or anything notable on offense after all the graduating seniors.

Vegas projected you as a solid 9th in conference, edging out only Kansas.

Nolaeer

well, thank God for JUCO's and transfers.
1. qb. Will grier was a highly touted transfer from florida. WVU got AK, a highly touted qb from OU.

2. WVU added 2 wrs, 1 a former 5 star from fsu, and one from temple, who is said to be the best wr on the team. WVU returns former Bama wr, who had a solid season last year.

3. WVU has 2 all big 12 offensive linemen who will both play in the NFL, plus a couple of JUCO's who have looked good in camp. Oline is probably biggest concern, but there is some talent(but no depth).

4. WVU returns all 4 of its top rbs.

Neil Brown will likely run more option, and he uses a fullback and tight end. Offense will look-different.

Defense features the best dlineman and best dline in the big 12, a wealth of talent at lb, and a lot of talent in the secondary. WVU returns both starting cbs, and has young safeties, but they are all 4 star kids.

WVU's defense will be feared. Vegas doesnt really know much about the Sills brothers, but it will by season's end. JUCO defensive end Brown brought in as been unblockable off the edge. WVU has moved from a 3-3-5 to 4-3 defense. I wouldnt trade WVU's deline with any team in the big 12. Might not be willing to trade lbs either.