• The KillerFrogs

2019 Football Class- Lets Hear your thoughts

Eight

went back and did a little research on the efforts some of these guys have posted on the track and it will be very interesting to see if they push their pr's this spring prior to heading to tcu

not sure why, but some have the impression barlow is the faster of the backs and he might be quicker, but daimarqua foster has actually the fastest posted time of any tcu recruit at 10.8 last year.

hodges has run right at 11.0 and stewart isn't far off that time. josh foster ran a 51 quarter last year and was just under 41' in the triple jump, mccuin is a 20+ long jump,

linebacker is really interesting as everyone has heard how well dylan jordan runs and i am not sure how long it is has been since tcu signed a linebacker prospect who man their respective state meet in the 100 and 200m. jordan's 100 time is the secondest fastest of this group and the wildcard might be dee winters of burton.

dee is a little over 6', ~ 195 lbs and ran a faster 200m time than jordan did last year. winter has a build that projects to him playing safety or possibly linebacker and i am not sure if the frogs have signed 4 potential linebacker prospects with this much overall athletic ability as this group.

FrogCop19

We have kind of weird situation at RB. I doubt either Foster/Barlow redshirts but barring injuries they aren't going to see many carries, there are only so many to go around. Then in 2020 they probably get all the carries.
Hate to be so paranoid, but I just hope we don't have a Kenedy Snell situation. One where we have these studs in the stable, but still have DJ and Sewo who get all the reps until one or both of them get ticked at lack of PT and portal out. Seems to be what all the "cool" kids are into these days...

Eight

Hate to be so paranoid, but I just hope we don't have a Kenedy Snell situation. One where we have these studs in the stable, but still have DJ and Sewo who get all the reps until one or both of them get ticked at lack of PT and portal out. Seems to be what all the "cool" kids are into these days...

snell wasn't a stud and wasn't a college running back.

My guess is we'll see Mathis-Blacklock-Bethley-Blackshear as the ones. And the twos and threes ain't shabby. We could certainly use Abercrumbia for depth.

TCU could use Abercrumbia hope they can bring him in somehow. If only they were OU, like with Haselwood, the No. 1 receiver in the nation. Riley said, "...We got three commitments pretty early from three different receivers that we were also very high on. That was our number... As it came down to the end, we ended up having a spot open up."

It is amazing these big schools can bring in 25 new commits , some graduate players and transfers but always find a way to pull in a guy they want when at the last second the player decides he wants to go to the big school. They have to be dropping players to get these extra spots. I'm sorry son , I know you have a scholarship but maybe it's time for you to transfer or leave the program. It's just amazing.

Froggish

went back and did a little research on the efforts some of these guys have posted on the track and it will be very interesting to see if they push their pr's this spring prior to heading to tcu

not sure why, but some have the impression barlow is the faster of the backs and he might be quicker, but daimarqua foster has actually the fastest posted time of any tcu recruit at 10.8 last year.

hodges has run right at 11.0 and stewart isn't far off that time. josh foster ran a 51 quarter last year and was just under 41' in the triple jump, mccuin is a 20+ long jump,

linebacker is really interesting as everyone has heard how well dylan jordan runs and i am not sure how long it is has been since tcu signed a linebacker prospect who man their respective state meet in the 100 and 200m. jordan's 100 time is the secondest fastest of this group and the wildcard might be dee winters of burton.

dee is a little over 6', ~ 195 lbs and ran a faster 200m time than jordan did last year. winter has a build that projects to him playing safety or possibly linebacker and i am not sure if the frogs have signed 4 potential linebacker prospects with this much overall athletic ability as this group.
GP mentioned Dee in his presser as the kind of guy who might could go at either S or LB..

FrogCop19

snell wasn't a stud and wasn't a college running back.
Fair enough. I just remember the first time I saw him run the ball, I was amazed at his speed. Reminded me of Turpin. I think we saw him twice after that, which means one of two things to me: he was a knucklehead, or he wasn't as good as I thought he was. And I dont know why, but I seem to remember several guys like that, especially in the WR corps that we saw flash brilliantly once or twice, then they faded away.

Either way, in CGMFP we trust.

Eight

i think snell was a very fast guy who they thought could play the slot and for some reason never really got much time there.

Froggish

vonger, holmes, jordan, and winters fit that mold of around 6', 195-215 lbs, runs well and very athletic who project well in patterson's defenses

We certainly have a stable of safeties so it makes since that one of those guys would work at LB. Seems like we have 25 DBs on the roster

TCURiggs

Small recap from the recruiting event:

Coaches seem excited about this class and feel like it's very solid
GP said that the thing about this class is that they have almost zero "knuckleheads." He talked about the new transfer portal era, and mentioned that they now have to look at "parent-portals," and he thinks they may only have one Dad who is that type. Overall, these kids are great students and have exactly what they're looking for.
The coaches seem pretty high on the DL and DBs in this class, as they mentioned that they expect some early contributions from those groups.
GP and Sharp said that Workman may be the most football-savvy recruit they've ever been around
GP said that this may be the fastest class they've ever signed

There were some funny stories involved, per usual, but I think everyone thinks this is a very solid, talented class... lots of championship recruits with the makeup they're looking for.

Wexahu

Fair enough. I just remember the first time I saw him run the ball, I was amazed at his speed. Reminded me of Turpin. I think we saw him twice after that, which means one of two things to me: he was a knucklehead, or he wasn't as good as I thought he was. And I dont know why, but I seem to remember several guys like that, especially in the WR corps that we saw flash brilliantly once or twice, then they faded away.

Either way, in CGMFP we trust.

Almost everyone looks like a stud against Southern or Jackson State. Snell was a kid that was always going to struggle to see the field. He was fast but I don’t think near as quick as Turpin. D Davis is basically a bigger version of Snell.

MCFROG III

A&M-Commerce Football - 2017 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS‏ @Lions_FB
Welcome to the #LionU2K19 signing class, running back Kenedy Snell!

DyuoP_nUYAAPq6r.jpg

6:20 AM - 6 Feb 2019

Froggish

We all know that recruiting rankings are stupid but I did find it interesting that if you remove JC players and Sandy from our composite we actually look like a better class. Outside of Thomas Armstrong I’m not sure we reached on a single HS kid. All that to say, we got some really good HS recruits by any standard and the fact that JC kids get even less time being evaluated meens they are really less relevant to the rankings.

We actually did as well or better then ever in HS recruiting

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
They have to be dropping players to get these extra spots. "I'm sorry son , I know you have a scholarship but maybe it's time for you to transfer or leave the program." It's just amazing.
That's exactly how it's done. Coaches see you as deadwood? You're out of there. G'bye!

It's never reported on, of course. It might make certain coaches (Hell, whole Conferences!) look bad. But, that's how it is.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
It looks and sounds like a really good group. I am especially encouraged by GMFP's re-emphasizing the character aspect in potential recruits. There are so many things that make up a successful kid, and that is an important factor that often gets overlooked in favor of other, shiny metrics.

I'm also happy to see another Tomlinson! How are those little Schobel's doing?