• The KillerFrogs

2019 Depth Chart

TCUownstheBig12

I don't think anyone is saying that just b/c someone is smaller at LB doesn't mean they're going to be bad. But they will be at a disadvantage in certain situations. If weight didn't really matter for LBs then why aren't there a ton of 210 and 220 LBs running around on top tier college defenses and NFL defenses?

I absolutely think people are saying that.

I also said it DOES matter but not to the degree that I am losing sleep over LVZ being x lbs. under an arbitrary weight line established by fans...especially if HCGP believes he gives us the best chance to win.

There are a lot of things that you don’t see in the NFL on a regular basis that do well in college...so I wouldn’t lean on that as my argument.

CountryFrog

Moore is 100% the real deal. Big time athlete and playmaker. They better have other playmakers, though, because Patterson can absolutely figure out how to take away one guy if there aren't other weapons to worry about.

Eight

Moore is 100% the real deal. Big time athlete and playmaker. They better have other playmakers, though, because Patterson can absolutely figure out how to take away one guy if there aren't other weapons to worry about.[/QUOTE

moore is a stud an exceptionally strong in the lower body.

would not be surprised to see purdue move moore around not only the various receiver positions, but in the backfield, on a wing, trying to make it tough on the young frog defenders to locate moore.

Mean Purple

I watched him play a few times and what impressed me the most was how complete he was as wr....No offense to Turp but Moore is a little bigger and runs much better routs. You can tell he’s a student of the position. He’s very much a combination of Reagor and Turp..
yeah, and it is not just spinning around guys and playing open space. you can seem him get down low to run through a tackle as well. running back (sorta), rcvr. All he has to do now is kick a field goal.

Wexahu

Purdue has Rondale Moore. Swiss Army Knife of a player. No way I am overlooking that speedster.

Me either. I was referring more to our small linebackers and the fear that teams were going to go right at them. Against Purdue small, faster linebackers might be an advantage because they aren't a run-between-the-tackles type team at all.

Mean Purple

Me either. I was referring more to our small linebackers and the fear that teams were going to go right at them. Against Purdue small, faster linebackers might be an advantage because they aren't a run-between-the-tackles type team at all.
One can hope.
You think Moore has a shot at Heisman as he continues?

Wexahu

One can hope.
You think Moore has a shot at Heisman as he continues?

Honestly I haven't seem him play much, I know he's kind of a jack of all trades, like a bigger Turpin, but it seems like most all the Heisman winners these days are kind of "best player on the best team" type guys. Purdue is probably going to have to win a lot of games for Moore to have a chance so that is his main obstacle I would think. And it's either this year or next year because he's probably gone after that.

jake102

I do worry that Moore will slide around and force our LBs and safeties to make a lot of reads. Prior to the move of LVZ I was very worried with Winters being brand new, TMW and Scott being somewhat new starters. With LVZ moving to starting LB I don’t worry as much.

Eight

I do worry that Moore will slide around and force our LBs and safeties to make a lot of reads. Prior to the move of LVZ I was very worried with Winters being brand new, TMW and Scott being somewhat new starters. With LVZ moving to starting LB I don’t worry as much.

i think it would be smart of purdue to force the young frog defenders to recognize formations as well as keeping track of moore in the belief they will get a favorable match up or someone blows a read.

Bill Bozeat

don't worry anyone who thinks he can power run on us will end up with a safety sitting on the DE hip, and he will be on the RB before he hits the line of scrimmage

Froggish

I think CB depth is going to be a MAJOR issue this year.

The only saving grace is that I can site a ton of examples over the years where GP has had Freshman start at CB...Tow of them are about to start their senior seasons. That’s not to say it won’t be an issue, just that it isn’t foreign to the program. In fact, if you ran through every position, you’d find that if a Freshman gets on the field for GP it’s almost always CB or WR..

We’ll have struggles like we always do but hopefully we’ll stay healthy and the Young backups will be better every week.

Froggish

I don’t think we need a bunch of guys playing LB at 250, but it would be nice to have at least one over 225.

Truth is we don’t offer very many true LBs..kid Blackshire is a good example..he’s a 2021 kid that a very high 4 star and going into his jr season at Duncanville, he has 25+ offers..Bama, LSU, OU, TX...etc.No TCU offer...He’s a 250lb kid that I can guarantee you if he wanted to come to TCU he would almost immediately go to DE..GP starts with speed..everything else, including size, is virtually irrelevant.

Eight

Truth is we don’t offer very many true LBs..kid Blackshire is a good example..he’s a 2021 kid that a very high 4 star and going into his jr season at Duncanville, he has 25+ offers..Bama, LSU, OU, TX...etc.No TCU offer...He’s a 250lb kid that I can guarantee you if he wanted to come to TCU he would almost immediately go to DE..GP starts with speed..everything else, including size, is virtually irrelevant.

consider the case of derrick harris jr. (2021) olb prospect from new caney. (6'3" -215)

harris comes to the tcu camp and starts working out at lb before gary moves him to de. he does well there but goes to the texas camp and commits to the horns to play olb.

horns run a 3-3-5 and use at least on olb basically as a stand up de. similar situation to me with browning of kennedale who i don't think fits in the tcu scheme at linebacker

Eight

I wonder what defense GP would choose to run if recruiting wasn’t an issue..

i think gary would still run the defense he is running if he could get whatever kids he wanted in recruiting.

i am a fan of the 4-man front for gap control in the run game and pass rush.