• The KillerFrogs

2019 Baseball Season

Ron Swanson

I played high school baseball for a few weeks. Our soccer team made a deep run in the playoffs every year so there were only a couple weeks left of district play in baseball by the time I got to the team. My first day there we ran 15 poles after practice (there and back). The coaches left the field while we ran to do whatever they were going to do in the offices behind the dugout. I had finished all 15 before the next guy had finished 12. When the coaches came out and saw me watching the team run the head coach asked what I was doing. I told him I was done so he asked the next guy how many laps he had left. When he said he had 2 full laps left coach didn't believe me and made me run 5 more. I still finished those before a couple guys on the team finished their 15.

I ended up playing LF/CF for 2 total innings in 3 remaining games and pinch ran both times. Never got to hit. It had nothing to do with my ability; the coach never believed I ran those poles that fast so he wasn't going to reward a player he thought was lazy and dishonest. Ironically, I thought it was lazy of him to not ask the soccer coach or cross country coach if I was that well conditioned of a runner. It was a small town and small school; it's not like it would have taken much effort at all to know who I was prior to coming to the team.

You might be able to tell it still bothers me over 20 years later. I loved baseball and he made me not want to play. He had a mediocre team b/c most of the best baseball players in town were playing football in the fall and soccer in the spring. By the time his best players joined the team we were already eliminated from postseason chances. I didn't care to run poles for him ever again after that season ended. A few others of us on the soccer team gave up baseball after that season too, though they had different reasons.
You probably just sucked at hitting

boonecountyman

Brief note on WVU .Starts conference play this weekend at BU.We appear to have the best starting pitching in some time.Also incoming freshmen have contributed to the bullpen role and for the most part been very effective although they did blow a game at W&M past weekend.Manoah,Wolf and Strowd will be starters.
Bats started off slowly but started to come around lately.Showing some power also in the middle of the lineup to go along with lots of speed on bases.
New starters at short and second leads to up and down play in the field.This could be a tourney team this year.

Sand Frog

This burns my azz that UT was able to get an entire first base porch in Lupton. Hopefully Riggs shows up beside them and heckles them all night!!!

Attachments

• ut.jpg
    ut.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

flyfishingfrog

I don't think so. I think it's either the one under the 2nd level or the one at field level behind the tarp. Pretty sure the ones you're talking about are season tickets.
If it is either of those than someone in the group promotions department needs to reassigned - there is no way a UT group should be able to reserve either of those areas for their use during our regular season.

I would better understand if one of the Season Ticket holders that had rights to the areas in far right field had allowed them to use their reserved area then our own school selling us out.

Hoping ADJD is going to make sure whatever they reserved - that it never happens again.

Sticky_Wicket

Purple Baylor Alum
Quick question - coming in for the games this weekend and curious about tailgating in the lot off Berry (Lot 13?). I heard that they don't allow this anymore but I don't see how that makes sense? Can I pay to park there?

I know when I went last year the lot attendant told me I was able to get a pass through my GoFrogs membership online, is this still true or do I need to be a STH?

Thanks, Go Frogs!

Last edited:

Purp

Quick question - coming in for the games this weekend and curious about tailgating in the lot off Berry (Lot 13?). I heard that they don't allow this anymore but I don't see how that makes sense? Can I pay to park there?

I know when I went last year the lot attendant told me I was able to get a pass through my GoFrogs membership online, is this still true or do I need to be a STH?

Thanks, Go Frogs!
Pretty sure it's all season ticket parking. We've got to show our parking passes to get in there. I will not be able to make the game Friday so that may be an option for you for Game 1. I'm trying to work out plans for Saturday and Sunday right now, but I'm not sure I can get you those. Saturday and Sunday are probably the days you'll want to tailgate.

What I will say is that I've noticed people coming early to tailgate and parking across Bellaire just to walk over with their stuff to tailgate in the lawn by the sidewalk. That may be an option for you.

Purp

If it is either of those than someone in the group promotions department needs to reassigned - there is no way a UT group should be able to reserve either of those areas for their use during our regular season.

I would better understand if one of the Season Ticket holders that had rights to the areas in far right field had allowed them to use their reserved area then our own school selling us out.

Hoping ADJD is going to make sure whatever they reserved - that it never happens again.
I had the same thought. This isn't a postseason blunder like #TCU15, but it's definitely pretty ridiculous unless ADJD worked out a deal with CDC to return the favor in Austin next year.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I thought so as well. Hope I'm wrong.
Since the tweet said the porch had two picnic tables and to bring chairs it isn’t the right field porches. The RF pitches have rows of seats which I think would have been mentioned. Also, access to the right field porches is limited to ticket holders so they couldn’t just randomly invite people on twitter to join them.

The porch I’m assuming they are talking about (hope I’m right) is available to anyone that reserves it. You can get it for a kids birthday party. I don’t think ticket office would know if a UT fan called in to reserve it. It’s just too bad we didn’t have it filled already.

Oh and darn Texas. Arrogant dicks.

Moose Stuff

You could easily make renting the porch area fall under the same rules they use for comp’ed football tickets...... you can’t use them if you’re wearing visiting team apparel.

flyfishingfrog

Since the tweet said the porch had two picnic tables and to bring chairs it isn’t the right field porches. The RF pitches have rows of seats which I think would have been mentioned. Also, access to the right field porches is limited to ticket holders so they couldn’t just randomly invite people on twitter to join them.

The porch I’m assuming they are talking about (hope I’m right) is available to anyone that reserves it. You can get it for a kids birthday party. I don’t think ticket office would know if a UT fan called in to reserve it. It’s just too bad we didn’t have it filled already.

Oh and darn Texas. Arrogant dicks.

They might not have known when they reserved it but they know now - and a lot of schools would call them up and tell them they are not honoring their reservation since they are our opponents...

A LOT OF SCHOOLS...

tcumaniac

Well that pisses me the scheiss off.

That is definitely the area right along the first base line under the upper deck and right above our lower bowl seating.

As it was mentioned, these porches are available for purchase to the public on a first come first serve basis, so it was likely purchased without the ticket office having much of an idea who was buying it. Even still, this is unacceptable imo. There needs to be some kind of check system in place to prevent this kind of BS from happening. Huge mistake and oversight on TCUs part.