• The KillerFrogs

2019 Baseball Season

Purp

Did anyone mention Luken's home run against Texas Tech?

Not sure I've ever watched that with audio before. We were at that game so I didn't see it on TV. Such a fun moment. And being able to smirk at Tech fans in Omaha the rest of the weekend every time we saw one was wonderful too.

Ron Swanson

I thought it was 2014, but Ron said he missed the 2014 regional so it must have been before that. But the only other regionals we hosted prior to 2014 were 09, 10, and 11. The 09 and 10 regionals were the years we went to Austin supers. I was in the Army during the 10 and 11 regionals so I wasn't able to attend. That means it would had to have been the 09 regional if I'm correct that it was 2014 or earlier, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't that far back.

@Ron Swanson, did you maybe attend Friday/Saturday games that year and leave late Saturday before the SHSU game? If not it would seem the red LaBaron was some year after 2014. Maybe 15, 16, or 17.
It’s possible I attended Friday/Saturday games and then came home to Houston. Hadn’t considered that

Sand Frog

Not sure I've ever watched that with audio before. We were at that game so I didn't see it on TV. Such a fun moment. And being able to smirk at Tech fans in Omaha the rest of the weekend every time we saw one was wonderful too.

I think you and I were sitting near each other in the upper deck down the 1st baseline. I remember when he hit it. We couldn't tell from our seats if it was fair or foul, so I was watching the umpire in left field. When he motioned fair, I lost it about a second before the rest of the people in our section. Couldn't have happened against a better team in that moment.

jake102

One moment that is forgot about is Skoug HR against Missouri State. Think that was my now wife first glimpse of what she’s getting in to

That ball landed about five feet away from me. I started cheering the moment he made contact, it was obvious it was gone.

MTfrog5

That ball landed about five feet away from me. I started cheering the moment he made contact, it was obvious it was gone.
Yup was no doubt. Remember yelling hell yes and then asking myself why the hell did he throw him a fastball in when he's struck out all season on pitches away. I've spend wayyyy too much time on youtube watching baseball videos this morning

tcumaniac

@tcumaniac check 2014 and maybe 2015. Had to have been one of those two years, but I really think it was 14.
Found it! But I'm a little confused.

Date on the picture is May 31, 2015 at 6pm (a Sunday), but it doesn't look like where the incident happened. If I recall correctly, the incident happened on a Friday, so maybe I saw the car again and took this picture later that weekend. I'm pretty sure I took video of the original thing happening, but can't find it on my google photo file.

52161622_10213226139197412_813926629356077056_o.jpg