• The KillerFrogs

2019 Baseball Season

Purp

I'm a little surprised to hear Perez could start the season as closer. Curious to know whether that's because Cal isn't 100% or if it's just because Perez has been excellent. I'd expected Coughlin would be our closer since the end of last year, but that's been based solely on who we had last year and my perception of their abilities. Honestly don't even know if he was ever a consideration for that role this season as he's also a guy who can give you multiple innings out of the pen in longer relief, which is also very valuable. Just seems like that would be a Haylen Green/Jake Eissler role if they aren't Tuesday starters.

ftwfrog

I love baseball.

Watching that clip I reminisce about the years that have been taken off my life from the nail biters and amazing moments we’ve had as frog baseball fans:

Purke’s dominance of the Horns, Winkler slaying the giant, Curry’s granny at Rosenblatt, the marathon game against Sam Houston State, the entire Pepperdine series that was the best 3 game series I’ve ever witnessed (will never let me forget the name Aaron Brown) the incredible (doesn’t describe it) comeback vs NCST, Crain scampering home against the Aggies in the 14th, Luken hitting the ball to Council Bluffs vs TT, Coastal darning Carolina, Boomer booting the ball in college station, Nick darning Fiedo.

There’s a lot I’m forgetting and I’m pretty sure some of that is out of order, chronologically, but darn 2018. Let’s go!

Sticky_Wicket

Purple Baylor Alum
The excitement is real

xScBaNX.gif

It's almost here

tenor.gif

Let's freaking go Frogs!

5X_9cI5GIV2V2JwVvKXKEo_rE8Kzg6nkMUt-BuAWxtA.png

jake102

I

Purke’s dominance of the Horns, Winkler slaying the giant, Curry’s granny at Rosenblatt, the marathon game against Sam Houston State, the entire Pepperdine series that was the best 3 game series I’ve ever witnessed (will never let me forget the name Aaron Brown) the incredible (doesn’t describe it) comeback vs NCST, Crain scampering home against the Aggies in the 14th, Luken hitting the ball to Council Bluffs vs TT, Coastal darning Carolina, Boomer booting the ball in college station, Nick darning Fiedo.

!

Great recap. My favorites:

-- Curry's grand slam. Couldn't believe it... and he absolutely destroyed that ball. Dead center and way gone.
-- Boomer booting the ball. My personal favorite. Hilarious and some good ironie
-- NC State comeback

My least favorites:

-- Coastal Carolina. That was our year and we blew it.

MTfrog5

Great recap. My favorites:

-- Curry's grand slam. Couldn't believe it... and he absolutely destroyed that ball. Dead center and way gone.
-- Boomer booting the ball. My personal favorite. Hilarious and some good ironie
-- NC State comeback

My least favorites:

-- Coastal Carolina. That was our year and we blew it.
Think losing two to Coastal is something that will haunt Schloss for the rest of his time mainly because that was the last CWS for our superhero Micah

Purp

I love baseball.

Watching that clip I reminisce about the years that have been taken off my life from the nail biters and amazing moments we’ve had as frog baseball fans:

There’s a lot I’m forgetting and I’m pretty sure some of that is out of order, chronologically, but darn 2018. Let’s go!
Agreed on the Pepperdine series. So much fun both tailgating and watching baseball for that series. Captain Philips will always evoke belly laughs with me.

Worth noting the original wooooooo in there. I know you got the SHSU 22 inning marathon, but the wooooooo is a worthy footnote in that mention.

I'd also add fly balls to RF in Bricktown to your cardiac moments.

ETA: Wasn't the red LeBaron incident during the regional with the SHSU 22 inning game? That whole postseason was just remarkable all the way around. The whole regional was nuts with the SHSU 22 inning game the highlight. Then the Super was bonkers with Pepperdine. And the tailgates for each game were all memorable. Not sure I'll ever have more fun at baseball games than I did in 2014.

Last edited:

Purp

100%. was the first time we were in the drivers seat, the 2-0 slot in the winners bracket. That pitcher they had (Beckworth maybe) threw his arm off against us. It's insane how those 2 nights went
Beckwith. Kid threw about 900 pitches under 80 mph in Omaha and nobody could touch him.

Ron Swanson

Agreed on the Pepperdine series. So much fun both tailgating and watching baseball for that series. Captain Philips will always evoke belly laughs with me.

Worth noting the original wooooooo in there. I know you got the SHSU 22 inning marathon, but the wooooooo is a worthy footnote in that mention.

ETA: Wasn't the red LeBaron incident during the regional with the SHSU 22 inning game? That whole postseason was just remarkable all the way around. The whole regional was nuts with the SHSU 22 inning game the highlight. Then the Super was bonkers with Pepperdine. And the tailgates for each game were all memorable. Not sure I'll ever have more fun at baseball games than I did in 2014.
No on the red LeBaron being the same game as the 22 inning game. I was at the red lebaron game but was in Houston for the 22 inning game.

Sand Frog

You left out MANNY!!!!!!!!!! The SS for Pepperdine. So many incredible games that's happened at Lupton over the years. Happy to say I've been to every post season game.

What year was it I meet you and we were tailgating during the monsoon? I seriously don't know how we didn't get hit by lightning standing under that darning canopy like drunken idiots!

Sand Frog

I thought the year Young had the no no going against Vandy when Kaylee jinxed us, and they won 1-0 and eventually won the title was our year..........(sheds a tear).

Purp

You left out MANNY!!!!!!!!!! The SS for Pepperdine. So many incredible games that's happened at Lupton over the years. Happy to say I've been to every post season game.

What year was it I meet you and we were tailgating during the monsoon? I seriously don't know how we didn't get hit by lightning standing under that darning canopy like drunken idiots!
I believe that was 2-3 years ago. Obviously not last year, but I'm pretty sure it was the year before. We had about 40 people crammed under two tents and everyone holding onto them to keep them from blowing away. That was a gnarly storm.

Purp

No on the red LeBaron being the same game as the 22 inning game. I was at the red lebaron game but was in Houston for the 22 inning game.
Maybe the red LeBaron was 2013 then. Whatever year the red LeBaron was is also the year you boat your pants.

jake102

I thought the year Young had the no no going against Vandy when Kaylee jinxed us, and they won 1-0 and eventually won the title was our year..........(sheds a tear).

That was a really good Vandy team. We were also a super strong team, but I think they had more talent. Kind of similar to Florida knocking us out with Faedo.

Coastal Carolina was a good team, but certainly not a great team. Granted that wasn't the best TCU team either.