• The KillerFrogs

2019 Baseball Season

Purp

The starting rotation is healthy and ready to go this weekend FWIW.
That's very positive news for JJ and Williamson. Based on your comment I assume neither of them will be on a pitch limit shorter than you might see for the first game of the season?

How does our bullpen look?

LisaLT

Thinking about hopping on a plane to Phoenix to go to the Virginia/TCU game this weekend. I wonder how well attended this will be.

hometown frog

Been watching several teams announce their weekend starting rotation and it’s becoming very real that college baseball is finally here!!

Begs the question has Schloss formally announced our rotation yet? I think we sort of expect to see JJ/Lodolo/Williamson right? (At least I suspect JJ will be the Friday guy)

Eight

fully understand that when it comes to tv time college baseball is a bit of a niche' sport, but on friday when tcu and #18 cal-fullerton play espn 3 is showing erskine and wingate.

i would have lost money on a bar bet simply by trying to point on a map where either of those two schools are located and truth be told if those were actual schools at all.

erskine is playing the role of david as their enrollment of less than 600 is roughly 1/6 the enrollment of wingate.

[ Finebaum ]....allen high school has more kids enrolled than these two schools combine and they get air time.....whose son at espn is playing on these teams?

rant over and back to frogs, does anyone know if any of the fox west coast regionals are going to pick up any of the games? thought espn might with vandy and their sec fetish for baseball, but their schedule says no.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

hype video for 2019.

i wanted to hear ll cool j start out with "don't call it a comeback", but thought the video was good overall.

Kept thinking they’d cut to John Malkovich in the Roman Coliseum on the phone with Peyton Manning saying the game is enough.

FrogsMcGee

Will Eissler not be a starter? King?

I'd expect Eissler to be our go to middle inning relief guy, and King to be mid-week starter from stuff I've read.

Haven't seen much on sequence of the weekend rotation, but my guess would be Lodolo, JJ, Williamson in that order for the L-R-L mix, and because Lodolo is the healthiest of the 3. That may not be the case this weekend as I'm not sure whether there are better R vs L matchups against any of the other 3 lineups.

Benny

I'd expect Eissler to be our go to middle inning relief guy, and King to be mid-week starter from stuff I've read.

Haven't seen much on sequence of the weekend rotation, but my guess would be Lodolo, JJ, Williamson in that order for the L-R-L mix, and because Lodolo is the healthiest of the 3. That may not be the case this weekend as I'm not sure whether there are better R vs L matchups against any of the other 3 lineups.

At the Baseball luncheon today, Sarloos said Lodolo, Janzick and Williamson would be the weekend starters in that order, and Haylen Green would initially be the Tuesday starter (but that could change depending on how the weekend series does pitching-wise.) He also said that Marcelo Perez might start the season as the closer, but that position isn't set yet.

Purp

At the Baseball luncheon today, Sarloos said Lodolo, Janzick and Williamson would be the weekend starters in that order, and Haylen Green would initially be the Tuesday starter (but that could change depending on how the weekend series does pitching-wise.) He also said that Marcelo Perez might start the season as the closer, but that position isn't set yet.
Benny.jpg

Eight

wow, so 3 of the potential 4 starters are lefties

Latest posts